• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 installation error, inconsistency in the installer database, exit error 15

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received my serial number but I can't install due to the above problem. Any advice? I ran the cleaner, restarted several times, nothing works! Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing exactly the same error. I'm on OS X Lion 10.7.3. I have tried rebooting and running the Disk Utility and repairing disk permissions. Neither have fixed the problem.

I have to say this is fairly ridiculous. I'm only evaluating CS6 on a trial at this point. If Adobe can't make something as basic as software installation work (it's just copying some files into a directory FFS!) it doesn't exactly create a great impression of their product.

Think I'm going to start Googling "alternatives to Adobe Illustrator" rather than waste any more time on this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the Lion 10.7.4

Now it won't even accept my serial number anymore. This is really ridiculous, I have wasted 2 days on this already, I am seriously fed up!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should also add that I've run the Adobe Cleaner Tool as well. Still no luck. Sort it out Adobe! This is woeful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Adobe product are you both trying to install?  How did you obtain the software?  Did you download it?  Did it come on a disc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install the trial of Adobe Illustrator CS6 downloaded from Adobe using the Adobe Download Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting because we have been seeing this error for users installing from the Creative Cloud and not from the trials.  Was the download able to complete successfully or are you trying to open the DMG file while the Adobe Download Assistant is saying that it is still extracting?

Alternately can you try downloading the install files using the directions listed at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/981369 to initiate a direct download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Download Assistant completed and then launched the installer itself. The installation process hung the first time around. I then retried it manually and it failed with the error code listed above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So no error messages when downloading through the Adobe Download Assistant.  What happened when you initiated the direct download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll see if I have time to re-download the 1.5GB installer and try again tomorrow, but I'm not really sure why I should bother given I managed to create my illustration with Inkscape this afternoon while waiting for this to be resolved.

Honestly, do you really expect to be able to attract new customers if your installation experience is this poor? You're asking people to...

1) Download and install the Adobe Download Assistant.

2) Download a ridiculously huge file (most OSes are smaller than a 1.5GB download)

3) Attempt to install the file.

4) Clean their Adobe installation folder when that fails to work.

5) Re-download the file a slightly different way (so we're up to over 3GB now)

6) Attempt to install that file.

...and then assuming that works, you charge them over $1000 for the privilege. Not exactly a persuasive buying experience.

Contrast that with Inkscape:

1) Download a 80MB archive.

2) Extract to a folder.

3) Run the app - done.

Pain involved:none. Cost the user: $0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the disc for CS6 extended, I just received my serial # today. Should I try to download directly from Adobe? Is the installer the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@anke55mom I have branched your discussion out to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1009706.  Since you were initially inquiring about obtaining a serial number.  If you have the DVD media though then please install from the DVD.

@tomtheguvnor1 I am sorry that you had difficulties downloading I am guessing a suite of products by the file size you were posting?  Unfortunately I am unsure what exactly caused your difficulties since we have not completed the troubleshooting process.  If I had to make an assumption I would assume that the download was not completed and that the download files were being saved to a location which the Adobe Download Assistant did not have permission to write too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why you would conclude that. Given @anke55mom is getting an identical error and attempting to install from a DVD, it suggests to me that it has nothing to do with an incomplete download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to download from the disc, it's not installing!!! I get the installer finished but the download itself stops at 2 % and gives me the exit error 15, see my initial title

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anke55mom can you please run the Adobe Support Advisor - http://www.adobe.com/support/loganalyzer/ and choose the package for support option.  It will provide you a token number can you please respond to this thread with that number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I re-downloaded using the direct download linked you suggested and I got exactly the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange previously this issue was reported for download errors.  Tomtheguvnor1 can you please complete the same steps I requested of Anke55mom.  This will allow me to review your installation log files.  Also can you try installing by rebooting safe boot mode, starting with the shift key held down, to see if you receive the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I spent the whole night for this issue but could not solve. I try the cleaner applicaiton, it didn't help. I also downloaded it again, but still same problem. By the way, I was installing Dreamveaver on Mac OS 10.7.4, not design premium or something else.

No luck, never worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even open that now... I downloaded the Mac version of the Support Advisor, here is the message I am getting! What the heck is going on here???

This application cannot be installed because this installer has been mis-configured. Please contact the application author for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its strange that you all are facing the same issue in different situation , it doesn't sound like the problem with the installer becuase we have tried with DVD , Direct Download and also from the Download Manger . The problem looks like with the Mac OS something common.

Can you start your machine in "Safe mode" and then install the software , if it doesn't work then we would require the log files for analysis.

You can manually retrieve the install logs , check this link for detail :- kb2.adobe.com/cps/844/cpsid_84451.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started in safe mode, found the log files, The summary lists 0 errors 0 fatal, 0 warnings at the bottoms, the only thing it says is "Media DB sync failed". I am not able to copy with the command you told me to use, it takes me out of the file.... The support Advisor still does not install in safe mode either...

Can I just return the program and get a credit, I am tired of this. I have had no problem with any other program, I have been using CS5 with no issues, this is absurd!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error "Media DB sync failed"  , It looks like you have some previous version of Adobe software present on you machine , You can uninstall all the adobe software , run the cleaner tool and re-install the software.

You could download the cleaner tool  from www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

If you want to returm the program , you have to contact support , no one would be able to help you here reagrding that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently running CS5 and I am scared to uninstall it, because I need to have one that works. If that doesn't solve my problem, I am stuck!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm...You have a point but you have to take your chances.

The solution I have suggested should work for you however if in case it doesn't work, you can anytime install CS5 back.

So if you want to try the solution once again ,

1) Uninstall CS5

2) Run the cleaner tool

3) Install CS6

Find the link for cleaner tool in my previous post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why I have to uninstall CS5, none of the people I know had to do that! I would like to keep the program on my computer! There has to be a different way to fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines