Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

RoboHelp not updating FrameMaker variables

May 18, 2012 10:41 AM

I have a RoboHelp project linked to a FrameMaker book. 

I've updated the product version variable to 5.8 in FrameMaker...

title_pg_frame.jpg

..but RoboHelp still shows the old version, 5.1...

title_pg_robohelp.jpg

I have checked the Frame-to-RH linkage by trying to re-link the book, and RoboHelp tells me it's already linked.

I can change the text in the FrameMaker file (adding words to the subtitle, for example) and the changes do show up in the RH output. So I know RH is reading the right FM file and updating to my latest changes in that file.

But it won't update the FrameMaker variable from what FrameMaker said it was at the time the RoboHelp project was created. This error appears in the file-edit view in RoboHelp, and in the generated output in both the WebHelp and JavaHelp layouts.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Jerry

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 22, 2012 9:48 AM   in reply to Jerry_F_at_RedSeal

First, what versions are you using & are they all patched up?

Second, have you tried updating the FM docs, saving them, closing them (leave FM open at starter screen); then do a Force Update All in RH?

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2012 10:56 AM   in reply to Jerry_F_at_RedSeal

I’d report it as a bug – according to the help (http://help.adobe.com/en_US/techcomsuite/tcs/using/WS1b49059a33f77726- 31aee1b1342288940d-7fe6.html) it should convert over each time. You didn’t accidentally mark the RH topic as not to be updated, did you?

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2012 11:24 AM   in reply to Jerry_F_at_RedSeal

The topic that is showing the variable not changing – check by right-clicking the topic and see Properties – there’s some tab in there that you can use to tell RH not to update the topic (to preserve edits you’ve made in RH and don’t want creamed by FM again).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points