• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Free Upgrade to Photoshop CS6 from CS5.5 upon release

New Here ,
May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Purchased Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 production Premium (Student License) a month ago understanding that a free upgrade to Photoshop CS6 MAC. when available. How do I upgrade to CS6 now that it is released.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

For more details regarding the post announce upgrade please refer to:

Complimentary CS6 upgrades | FAQ | Purchases from Adobe - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-faq-direct-purchases.html

Complimentary CS6 upgrades | FAQ | Purchases from resellers, Adobe - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-assurance-faq-reseller-purchases.html

If you still have questions regarding if you qualify or not then you will want to contact our support team.  For the best assistance,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The process is not quite that quick".

What is the process? Does Adobe email new serial numbers to those of us in this free upgrade position?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You guys are lucky getting a free upgrade.

I've been buying Adobe software faithfully since '91 and paid for my CS 5.5 in early March.

Not only don't I get the 'free' upgrade to CS6, I don't get access to my legal software via Creative Cloud as it's not available yet.

Adobe encourage new users who upgrade every other version and do little to stop illegal downloads of their software.

For us who remain loyal supporters and subscribers it's just one kick-in-the-teeth after another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Believe me I had a disappointing exchange with them as well,  they really know they have you after all I own about a thousand dollars worth of add on apps that work only as a companion to photoshop.  In my case I bought the extended up grade in 2010 and it worked I reinstalled it a couple of times no issue, then I upgraded my machine to a 64 bit build because photoshop needed more memory than could be accessed on a 32 bit build.  When I reinstalled photoshop it told me I had a invalid serial number.  How it worked all that time and gave no clue I had been taken. I opened a case with adobe and it took them most of a month to decide that even though it appears to be a serial number from some other country they would not bend and give me a serial number that worked it would have cost them nothing, but it would have went a long way towards happiness in regards to Adobe.  The only light is that I bought it again on march 29 so I get the free upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am waiting for a free upgrade for my Photoshop CS6 for Mac.

My copy for Windows is bought in another country, so now I am getting nervous as to if I can get the upgrade.

Adobe Creative Suite Assurance Promotion FAQ does not mention purchases elsewhere.

And the upgrade-policy-product-announcement.html says to fill out forms depending on where you bought the upgrade (US in my case).

I was previously on CS2, so it might be my last upgrade, as I can't afford to pay for all upgrades as a hobbyist, so I was skipping some.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For more details regarding the post announce upgrade please refer to:

Complimentary CS6 upgrades | FAQ | Purchases from Adobe - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-faq-direct-purchases.html

Complimentary CS6 upgrades | FAQ | Purchases from resellers, Adobe - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-assurance-faq-reseller-purchases.html

If you still have questions regarding if you qualify or not then you will want to contact our support team.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to discuss your particular circumstances for the upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quit sending me emails

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look towards the bottom of the email you will see a unsubscribe button.  That will take you off their list

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

I find it hard to beleive a company the size of Adobe does not have the process already setup to identify purchasers of the PS CS 5.5 who purchased it witin the free upgrade timeframe and generate the emails at this point.   7 days have gone by since the release and I understand Adobe says aproximately 10 days is the timeframe in which we should receive an email, but why is it taking this long to generate the email with the upgrade information?   Seems to me that should be an almost instatenous process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got off the phone with Adobe - they are saying that the upgrade emails will go out starting 10 days after CS6 release and that everyone will have been emailed by May 25th.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received my email with serial number for the CS6 Suite and directions to download from My Orders in my account today, 5/14. I submitted my order for the free upgrade the day CS6 shipped.

Funny bit is, there's nothing listed in My Orders to download at all. So I just have the serial number and nothing to put it in.

Adobe is silly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting.  How were you able to submit an order for the free upgrade when Adobe has not yet sent out the upgrade email, at least not in my case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't know Abobe was sending out upgrade emails. There's a form at adobe.com you can fill out with the information, at least if you bought the upgrade to CS5.5 from a retail channel, like I did. They said you could fill it out and send it in anytime after it started shipping, and the form was active to use as of Sunday, 5/6. That's when I filled it out with the info - adboe acct#, serial number of upgrade, and scanned receipt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that makes more sense.

I purchased from Adobe directly and as I said, I cannot figure out why it takes them 10 days to notify people who purchased through them.    Seems that people who purchased from a source outside Adobe were able to get their SN faster than people who purchased via Adobe.   I must agree with you but would use a stronger term than silly.....

I was also told to download the trial and when the SN became availabe to enter it and all would be wonderful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya, if I'd purchased the upgrade through Adobe I'd expect to get the serial number for the upgrade more quickly than folks going the retail route, esp. since through Adobe would be more expensive. My upgrade through bhphotovideo was $500, no tax, free ship, CS4 - CS5.5 (Design Premium).

But Adobe, like any other deity, works in mysterious ways. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9 days and counting....

Somehow, Adobe has managed to flood my inbox with messages thanking me for downloading the trial version of PS CS 6 and offering to sell it to me.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm not sure that offering to sell you something they say they'll give you for free is the best marketing scheme. But I've known folks who would have pulled out their credit card and done it. 🙂

Funny bit is that while I'm running CS6 now, through the trial download and entering the serial number they sent me for the free upgrade, they have yet to actually post the link to the regular download they said would be available in 24-48 hours, and it's well past that time. Not that I need it, but it does illustrate (grin) that Adobe has rather botched this whole free upgrade thing.

On the bright side, if you haven't started using CS6 as yet, you don't have to look at the amazingly ugly icons and splash screens they've put in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11 Days and counting....    Chatted with an Adobe Support person yesterday....  He told me, after putting me on hold several times, to wait for the email.     Said it woiuld be here in the next two days..

Day 1 now over....  This is not funny anymore... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never implied it was funny. Just very silly. 🙂

I expect they'll send you an email eventually. They finally set up the link for my free download upgrade four days after I downloaded the trial and used the serial number they'd sent earlier.

It's too bad, really. A long time ago, Adobe was very focused on customer support and service. I visited the place several times when I was working with Macromedia, and the support folks were very dedicated. Now, they truly don't seem to give a damn, but they don't give a damn in an opaque, professional manner. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 19, 2012 May 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update.....

Now I am told that it will be at least the 25th of May before the email will be sent out.      Really great service Adobe....   Remind me next time to purchase from a 3rd party vendor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried installing my free upgrade & it did not install the programs needed (PS,FL,PR,Ai). Just the secondary programs that you can not use unless you have the primary programs.

I then followed the recommendation to just download the free trial of CS6 and enter the serial number they gave me.

I did and the same thing happened. The primary programs did not install. What is Up!

Can anyone help me?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone who has bought direct from Adobe received an email about the free upgrade? I haven't and I contacted a help person who also told me 'to wait'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Remind me next time to purchase from a 3rd party vendor..."

Oh, but it's not that simple. 🙂 I think they try to mix it up each time so users never really know the best route.

When I upgraded from CS3 to CS4, I bought direct from Adobe. They shipped the upgrade for Windows instead of Mac as ordered.

When I contacted them, they shipped out the correct version overnight, and told me to keep the Windows upgrade. Made the upgrade almost free.

I think this time they were forced to send the free upgrade to folks who bought from third party early, because the rules they gave for those upgrades said they would process the submission for upgrade within 7 days, which they did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, at least I am not alone ......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe says: "You'll receive instructions by email no later than May 25, 2012. The instructions will be sent to the email address you used for your qualifying order".

I'm starting to get worried now. . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines