Skip navigation
g_ant0ine
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe policy on licensing.

May 15, 2012 3:37 AM

As i found out after contacting with Adobe the only way to transfer a license from windows to mac is buying a new version of the corresponding product.

I would to like to ask for an explaination behind this policy, based on commont sense.

I am feeling that Adobe doesn't respect customers that paid 2.700 euros for a product (Production CS5 Suite). I just switched platform and i have to pay an extra 1000 euros to do my work legally.

Is there anyone who feels that this makes sense?

I believe that whenever a serious competitor appears Adobe will start respecting more its customers, but it will be too late.

I would also like to raise the issue of the high pricing to the european clients. Take for example the cloud service pricing...

Really dissapointed,

antoine

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 22, 2012 8:03 PM   in reply to g_ant0ine

Hi Antoine, it is true that Adobe does not sell or maintain older versions of the software, so if you want to "crossgrade" between operating systems natively then you need to be up to the latest release of Creative Suite...

One other option would be to look into running PC programs on your Mac via virtualization or dual-boot software, though that would require more work/expense.

Lastly, on the pricing, don't forget to take taxes into account.  The U.S. pricing isn't quoted with taxes included, whereas European prices typically are (significant VAT).

Even apples-to-apples, there is still a price difference between different countries of course, and Adobe has addressed why this is.

Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points