Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Coordinating Multiple Tracks on an iPad tablet

May 22, 2012 12:12 PM

Tags: #ipad #tracking #mocha

I think this is an After Effects issue rather than an a Mocha AE issue, but I am trying to make two different tracks work with each other to give the illusion that a hand is dragging and dropping items on a iPad tablet that has been green screened. The problem lies in making the two tracks work together, one for the finger and one for the hand held tablet itself. The finger track needs to stay locked to the axis and position of the screen otherwise it twists in a unrealistic direction since I can't get it to follow thet tablet surface properly. I currrently have a shape in AE parented to the iPad null. The iPad null then parents to the hand null following the position of the hand null. Perhaps its an anchor point issue, but I'm still getting a lot of drift using this method. Logically I'm thinking this should work, but it doesn't as the two tracks don't seem to work with each other. If anyone has done this before, your assistance would be a great help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 22, 2012 8:55 PM   in reply to gfmarsh

You will probably need some expressions. The two tracks simply don't know about each other and your coordinates are in both cases based on the "neutral" initial footage.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 23, 2012 12:40 PM   in reply to gfmarsh

You should stabilize the shot of the iPad so there's no movement. Then track your finger and add the objects. Then reintroduce the motion to the shot and the track.  It is simple if you break it down and you have planned the shot well enough. 

If you post the shot on YouTube I'll send you a soluton in a day or so.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points