Skip navigation
happi_S
Currently Being Moderated

Making a video out of pictures

May 23, 2012 1:29 AM

I want to explain my own program, I’ve got several screenshots of it. All screenshots are in the .PNG format. I’ve imported all the screenshots into a new Composition. How can I set the duration for each screenshot? And how can I animate a courser which shows how to use the program?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 23, 2012 1:42 AM   in reply to happi_S

http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/getting-started-with-after- eff.html

Other than that simply use Captivate or Camtasia Studio.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 5:41 AM   in reply to happi_S

Hi,

I would also spend some time checking out the tutorials that Andrew Devis has on the CreativeCow site. There are currently, just over 40 of these AE Basics tutorials. A few of them deal with Text, and a few with stills etc. Spend some time on the site, and I am sure you will find some tutorials that will assist you.

Pierre

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 7:27 AM   in reply to happi_S

AE has text layers. That aside, Camtasia records video, not screenshots. Camtasia can also store live mouse coordinates in a metadata stream and attach any kind of cursor graphic you like. Camtasia can insert text as well as "callouts". Need I go on? Point in case: You are probably looking at the wrong tool trying to do this in AE. And even when you do, explore all options before writing it off. You really need to watch those basic tutorials and adapt your thinking rather than settling on a fixed workflow.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points