Exit

AAM Won't Install - Admin Rights Required

New Here ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

Win7 64bit.

I've just signed up for Creative Cloud and am trying to install the AAM so I can access a few Adobe installers and get setup.  I just crossgraded from Photoshop 5 CS and Dreamweaver, both of which previously installed no problem.   To access CC applications, you have to download and install the AAM.   When installing, it tells me admin permissions are required.   I've tried right-clicking and running as administrator - same error.   I've tried to run the MS fixit tool - no change.   I've tried to install Adobe Air, it won't install - it hangs on the EULA screen by opening more of the same screen over and over.  

Can anyone point me in the right direction?   This is a new-ish machine and nothing has changed on it since installing PS CS5 and DW a few months back.  

Many thanks in advance,

Rob

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Continued searching and found this post:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4401232#4401232

All I had to do was download the AAM from the link (you'll have to manually enter the file id from the end of the appropriate link as it's not hotlinked), ran that installer and it has worked.  I can now see and download all the Creative Cloud applications.

Fingers x'd that these work as expected. 

Cheers,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, well not quite there.  Seems that now the AAM won't let me install PS citing admin rights needed.   When I run the AAM with the rightclick Run As Admin option, I don't get to see the applications to download, instead it checks for updates to existing applications which I can't use anymore!!!  

sigh....

EDIT -

So I've now completely followed the above linked post, renamed the folders and files, no change.   I then created a NEW administrator account - no change.

I guess I have to contact support directly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried creating a new local administrator account and trying the installation under the new user account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain in more details the scenario (with screenshot) about the admin privilege error.

Can you please share all the files from following location :

%temp%\AdobeDowload\

Thanks for the cooperation.

- Adobe Engineer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Forgot this thread was here - yes I have created a NEW administrator account and attempted everything under that account.  No success.

tarungarg2001 - please find the screen shot below.   also attaching screen shot listing contents for the adobedownload folders - I have two on my system apparently - you can find the address bars of each in the shot.

adobe sshot.png

temp folders.png

Thanks for any help you can give me.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to say that my CC experience is a tad disappointing.   I have to download the apps I use as Trial's which will undoubtedly cause me headaches in 30 days, as opposed to being able to use the AAM the way it was intended.

Any thoughts Jeff or tarungarg2001?  

Thanks,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:   Instead of letting the AAM try to download and install it's own update, which always failed due to admin permissions, see above, I googled Adobe Application Manager, found a download for version 6.2 at this link:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4773&fileID=4437

Downloaded and installed and now it opens properly like it used to.

Hope other folks figure their issues out!

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

Is your issue resolved ? Let us know if you need any help.

-Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Taurn,

The issue seemed to be resolved until I tried to open the AAM today, when it began again to do it's self-update process, and again it's failing due to admin priviledges.      I have a trial of LIghtroom that was the work around until it was added to the Creative Cloud offering - and now it's expired, and I can't install through the AAM because it won't, again, update itself.  I've tried all of the suggestions found on the forum - firewall off - entry in the firewall for PDAPP.exe, new Admin account on my system.    

Would you have any suggestions for me?  I simply want to use the software as it was intended.     

And I'm going to miss a deadline while I try to get this working again.....   I will be glad when the Creative Cloud (brilliant idea on paper) system works as it should.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Rob

EDIT: (removed - sorry for the whiny tone - just frustrated)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2012 Aug 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HELP!!!  

I really need some assistance here.  

In the hopes that it will help identify my issues, here's my PDapp.exe installation log - which I found some troubleshooting information from Adobe suggesting I look at it for errors.   There seem to be issues with finding files and values -

Can I send these files to you somehow?   I used the Adobe Support Applet to but it found no problems - though my install log shows warnings and errors.

Please help me figure this out!!!

Thanks,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines