Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Disabling/removing DTP Tools cross-references plugin?

May 23, 2012 8:53 AM

Hi all,

I have a document from which I'd like to remove all cross-refererenced content created using DTP Tools' Cross-reference plugin (which has been awesome, btw.)

Though I can easily delete all the items setup in the standard pallettes, after doing so and trying to open in another version of ID (without the plugin installed), I still get a plugin warning.

Can anyone recommend the best practice for disabling/removing this plugin specifically? I realize it may be the same for other plugins as well.

Thanks,

Andrew

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 23, 2012 8:57 AM   in reply to turner111

In general, esporting to .idml or .inx (depends on your version of ID) will remove non-adobe plugin information for plugins not used.

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 9:45 AM   in reply to turner111

.inx shouldn't be affecting styles unless they need the plugin in some way....

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 12:55 PM   in reply to turner111

DTP Tools has a free cross-references "reader" plug-in that cancels any warnings from documents that contain their x-refs on machines that lack the full plug-in.

HTH

Regards,

Peter

Peter Gold

KnowHow ProServices

turner111 wrote:

Hi all,

I have a document from which I'd like to remove all cross-refererenced content created using DTP Tools' Cross-reference plugin (which has been awesome, btw.)

Though I can easily delete all the items setup in the standard pallettes, after doing so and trying to open in another version of ID (without the plugin installed), I still get a plugin warning.

Can anyone recommend the best practice for disabling/removing this plugin specifically? I realize it may be the same for other plugins as well.

Thanks,

Andrew

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points