Skip navigation
Mattgp
Currently Being Moderated

Where's The CS6 Complimentary Upgrade for The Student and Teacher Editions?

May 19, 2012 5:45 PM

I bought the student and teacher edition of CS5.5 Design Premium a couple of weeks ago and got the email telling me how to get my complimentary upgrade to cs6 a few days ago. When I went on to adobe.com to look up the pricing for the student and teacher editions of the cs6 programs, there is no upgrade option (the only price shown says "Full from 449.00"). When I looked up pricing for the non-student and teacher editions, the upgrade option is there.

Are the upgrades for Student and Teacher Editions not available yet? Is there anybody else who bought the Student and Teacher Editions having this issue, or is it just me?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 19, 2012 7:36 PM   in reply to Mattgp

You say you got an email telling you how to get it. What did it say.

BTW, there is actually not S/T upgrade. All academic versions are full versions. They are so steeply discounted already there’s no upgrade pricing.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2012 1:25 AM   in reply to Mattgp

Contact edu support if you feel you should get your free CS6 within the "upgrade insurance phase" as declared by Adobe shortly before CS6 was announced.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2012 9:35 AM   in reply to Mattgp

You’ll need to get back to Adobe and find out what that coupon code is. Nobody here can help you.

Let us know how you make out.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 5:57 AM   in reply to Mattgp

This took me a couple of attempts.

You must follow the link in your email to the Adobe store. Regardless of the version you bought before you seem to need to upgrade to the full version (upgrade pricing unavailable from Student & Teacher).

• Select your product etc as usual, ensure you are upgrading like for like (e.g. design standard 5.5 for design standard 6).

• Select download (not boxed)

• Add to basket. Only now will the price alter to 0.00

• Secure checkout

Failing that, once you click the "Find your equivalent product here" link you will see your promotional code within the url.

Best of luck,

Wee Stewie

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points