Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

FTP performance with DW CS6

May 9, 2012 6:42 PM

Tags: #performance #ftp

One of the reasons I purchased CS 6 was to get better FPT performance as advertised.

"Improved FTP performance

Save time uploading larger files with the reengineered multithreaded FTP transfer tool. Upload site files faster and more efficiently to speed production time."

I'm running DW 6.0 build 5808 on a Mac pro, 10.7.3,  10GB of Ram, lots of disk space and I'm getting the same old cranky dreamweaver FTP slow, false starts, crashes, random mesages, etc. that I got in DW CS5.  Nothing has changed.  This is working with multiple sites on multiple hosts.  All of the FTP connections are set up correctly and do work, just not as advertised. 

Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 6:43 PM   in reply to LarryGRC

What's the upload like to those websites with other FTP software?

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 7:26 AM   in reply to LarryGRC

I'm having the same issue.  It happens a lot when I shut my macbook pro and go to another location.  When I get to the new location I can't change sites and there is no way to cancel the operation.  Have to shut down DW and restart.

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 7:46 AM   in reply to gmblack

GM, I would recommend reporting the sleep issue as a bug ( https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform ).

But for both, can you explain more about your FTP setup (FTP, SFTP, FTPS, etc.) and maybe provide who the host is?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)