Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Problems printing

May 23, 2012 3:27 PM

I am trying to print a file that I made in Indesign cs5. However whenever I try to print the file on my companies digital press (xerox 700 digital press, using creo rip software) I get a bar of darker color on a portion of the gradient. The bar cuts through several objects that have the same gradient fill however not in the same locations. The darker bar only apears in the print and isn't visisble on screen regardless of view mode. I attempted to export it to a pdf and print it from acrobat x but the same situation occurs. Once again the bar is not visible in the pdf either. I am using a mac running mac os 10.6.8. Does any one have any advice on how to solve this problem?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 23, 2012 3:29 PM   in reply to CoGordo4

What happens if you export a PDF/X-4 file and try printing that from Acrobat? See if that yields the same problem and report back please.

- Dov

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 3:31 PM   in reply to CoGordo4

Can you possibly post some screen shots with frame edges showing?

Use the camera icon on the web page to embed them in a post like this:

CameraIcon.png

and a shot of the printed page would help too.

Is there any transparency interaction in the area?

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 3:54 PM   in reply to CoGordo4

Are the black ojects in front of or behind the stripes?

Does this possibly apply: InDesignSecrets » Blog Archive » Eliminating YDB (Yucky Discolored Box) Syndrome

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 3:55 PM   in reply to CoGordo4

You are saying that this occurs when you print the PDF/X-4 file from Acrobat, is that correct? Does the same problem occur if you print to something less exotic, let's say a smaller PostScript printer?

Is it possible for you to post the PDF/X-4 file for us to examine?

- Dov

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 2:30 PM   in reply to CoGordo4

I'd like to see the file, and I suspect Dov would, too.

You can't attach anything here, but you can post a link, which will be sharing with the world, or use the Private Message system to send a link privately to anyone (Click a user's name to go to their profile and Private messages are inthe actions list). If you don't have a server, you can use a service like YouSendIt.com to send the file to yourself, then use that link.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2012 3:31 PM   in reply to CoGordo4

You can use dropbox. Post the link here to share with the world, or put it in a private message to be selective.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points