Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Possibe Spot Healing brush bug

May 23, 2012 3:30 PM

I'm on Win 7, 64 bit, and CS6 (released).  I've got the Spot Healing brush active and I Shift + Right-click to bring up the Blending options.  I cannot change to Luminosity.  It will change in the drop down box on the tool bar however.  When I first noticed, it was Lighten that it wouldn't change to.  I've rebooted the PC a couple of times and now it seems to be the Luminosity mode.

Any help or thoughts?

Dennis

Replies
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,921 posts
    May 24, 2010
    May 23, 2012 4:51 PM   in reply to DenThomp54

Hi Dennis

All I can tell you is that I am getting all the options here, and I tried it with three different images, and on background and copied layers, so probably not a bug.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 23, 2012 7:53 PM   in reply to DenThomp54

On second thought if you mean with the spot healing brush selected, your shift right clicking in the document area to bring up the list of blending modes then yeah here on windows 8 all of them work

except for the luminosity, which doesn't seem to change in the tool options bar.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 23, 2012 8:06 PM   in reply to DenThomp54

I reset the photoshop cs6 preferences and that didn't seem to make any difference.

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,921 posts
    May 24, 2010
    May 23, 2012 9:03 PM   in reply to DenThomp54

Ahhh....   I was not checking the toolbar.  It appeared to let me select Luminosity from Shift Right click, but it was indeed, staying on the last option in the toolbar.  Sorry about the confusion.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,514 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    May 24, 2012 1:53 AM   in reply to DenThomp54

Yep, looks like a bug in the on-screen blend mode selection process.

I can change to Luminosity successfully in the option bar field itself, just not from the Shift - Right click menu.  Looks like someone counted up the menu entries wrong.

Adobe watches this forum, but just to be SURE they know about the bug, if you don't see one of the Adobe employees acknowledge it here, you should post your description of it here:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points