I'm in the process of upgrading our FMS install from 3.5.3 to 4.5.0. After merging our config settings from 3.5 into 4.5 and starting the server streaming requests are processed as normal. However I'm unable to access the admin console, attempts to do so result in the "Failed login attempt from <ip address> at <time>" error message in admin.00.log
I've tried follwing the "Edit the Users.xml file to add server administrators" section of
So that my Users.xml starts with
And the newly added user still gives the same error so I'm looking for suggestions on what to try next to resolve the issue.
FMSAdmin now in 4.5 does not store your password as clear text as it used to in 3.5. So putting a password in Users.xml will not work.
For setting the FMSAdmin password here's what you have to do:
1. Set the username, which you already have- 'newadmin'
2. Make sure FMSAdmin is not already running.
3. Assuming you have installed a vanilla FMS on Linux, issue the following command from the shell
/opt/adobe/fms/fmsadmin –console –user newadmin
This will prompt you for a password. Make sure the password is minimum 8 characters.
4. Now go to Users.xml and check under the password tag. You should see the Salted Hash of your password placed there.
5. Now start your admin server. It should start without any hiccups and you can connect through the admin console.
That should do
What is vanilla FMS? I've been trying this but continue to get this message: /opt/adobe/fms/fmsadmin -console -user newadmin failed with return code 255 and error message. The Users.xml file does not update.
By vanilla FMS, I meant a plain installation of FMS.
For this command to succeed, please make sure that username entry 'newadmin' has been added to Users.xml as mentioned above in the post.
If not, then you can use any username. Just make sure that the corresponding entry exists in Users.xml.
Is there some alternative method to generating the salted password?