Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe AIR crashes during League of Legends

May 6, 2012 6:08 PM

Hi there, my name is Ryan, and i have a problem.

That problem is Adobe AIR. Whenever i log into a game called League of Legends, sometimes i will receive a message that says "Adobe AIR Debug Launcher has stopped working". then the only action that i can perform is closing the program. This normally happens in champion select and when it happens in champion select i get penalized and have to wait 5-15 minutes to play another game, and i lose 10 ELO (the ranking system for League of Legends). This problem has been occuring for over two months now and it is a common problem in the League of Legends community that Riot (makers of League of Legends) seem to ignore. So, i decided to come here, and hopefully one of you Adobe employees could help me out

Replies 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 11, 2012 9:02 AM   in reply to Ryan S6.

I have the same problem, gives me a message adobe debugger has stopped working or something like that, essentially I have to be constantly active on league of legends to ensure the error doesnt occur, also I often see Disconnected red banner on the left side of the play button, it goes away after a while but the whole thing is just irritating.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,454 posts
    May 4, 2010
    May 15, 2012 3:25 PM   in reply to Splash13

Could either of you generate a crash dump file for us to take a look at (.dmp).  You can find instructions for doing this in the link below.  In addition, please open a new bug on this over at bugbase.adobe.com.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4159755#4159755

You might also want to try deleting your LoL preference folder but I'm not positive on the location so I'm installing LoL now to find out.

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 11:08 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Hi Chris, there are many people suffering from this Adobe AIR problem such as me. May we have an update on what to do to fix this?-

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,454 posts
    May 4, 2010
    May 25, 2012 12:45 PM   in reply to mmmmmmKFC

KFC, could you generate a crash log for me?  I never heard back from anyone if a bug was entered into bugbase.adobe.com.

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 1:37 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bx90Gfqi7FeYOVd3MHhBZ2owUjg

I have uploaded my .dmp file here. My god it was a huge file though!

I hope you find this useful to help fix this issue. I didn't submit a bug as I don't know all the details.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,454 posts
    May 4, 2010
    May 30, 2012 12:29 PM   in reply to Logika12

Thank you for uploading this.  They can get pretty big, though zipping them up does help.  Would you mind opening a new bug at bugbase.adobe.com with the steps you're taking when a crash occurs?  Please post back with the bug's URL.  I'm in the process of pulling out the stack trace from your crash dump.  Once done I'll attach that along with your dmp to your bug and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Chris

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,454 posts
    May 4, 2010
    May 30, 2012 12:32 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I also noticed you're using AIR 3.1, could you try updating to our AIR 3.3 beta 3 release to see if it still crashes?  If so, it would be great if you could zip up another dmp and post it again.

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2012 1:05 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

What do I put for the 'Product Area' and 'Found in Build'?

The Found in Build does not have 3.3.0.3560 as an option.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,454 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Feb 14, 2013 3:08 PM   in reply to Logika12

LoL uses a captive runtime of AIR, which basically means that they have their own private version in their app folder.  To really test the latest release of AIR out, here's what you need to do:

1. Rename the "Adobe AIR" folder to "Adobe AIR Original" in \Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\0.0.0.240\deploy\

2. Download and extract this zip to the same location: AIR 3.6.0.597 Captive Runtime

3. Restart LoL

If you decide to try these steps, please reply to this post and let us know how it works out.

Thanks,

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2012 3:27 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

alright, i have done the steps and now see beta version on the top right. I will monitor this and see if I crash with this build.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2012 4:56 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Hello,im sorry but i have exactly the same problem.

2. Download and extract this zip to the same location: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2230935/Adobe%20AIR.zip

can i have the zip?

@ Logika , was it helpfull?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2012 7:28 PM   in reply to mundopwn

Yes. Since i've done this I have had no issues with the client crashing. So as far as i know, this was the fix to the issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2012 11:58 PM   in reply to Logika12

so could u send me this zip files

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,454 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Jun 25, 2012 6:31 PM   in reply to mundopwn

Doh, sorry I must have deleted the files.  Try this zip: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2230935/adobe_air.zip

This is also the released version of AIR 3.3, so you won't see the "Beta" label in the upper right corner of the window.  I'm also going to reach out to Riot to see if they can investigate this as a more official fix.

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 8:25 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I am also having the same issue. The only problem I am having with the fix you provided is the folder you said to put the files into. When I get to "....> lol_air_client> releases" I have 2 folders. 1 is labeled "0.0.0.92" and the other is labeled "0.0.0.154". Which folder should I do the fix to?

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,454 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Jun 26, 2012 12:59 PM   in reply to Dashellster

On my system, it's the 0.0.0.154\deploy folder. The main thing is you want to do is locate the Adobe AIR folder within the 0.0.0.154 (or 0.0.0.92) folder and back it up before replacing with the new folder I provided.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2012 6:09 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

doh,still have this problem,didnt workd

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2012 6:15 PM   in reply to mundopwn

I did the fix and I got the error again. Somehow its right after I put in my log in information and thats when its happening. Would you like me to get the logs for further information?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2012 7:18 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

How interesting...

I was in the clear for about a month and today I have crashed twice.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2012 10:10 PM   in reply to Logika12

This is weird now. When I open up LoL and put my Username and Password in I have been getting the Adobe Air error message previously stated above. A majority of the time it is this way.If you could provide any information that might be of any help I would greatly appreciate it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2012 2:16 PM   in reply to Dashellster

So Chris,how it goin'? do u contacted with riots? cuz now they fixed bug with loosing elo,but they made if u left Q , u should wait 30 mins,next 60 mins etc. i would like u fix it asap)

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,454 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Jul 9, 2012 6:41 PM   in reply to mundopwn

We've been off for the last week, but I'll see if can get the ball rolling with this again.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2012 8:16 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

TY and idk if this helps, it seems to of gotten worse with this last patch. If you need any more info please let me know, I am more than willing to be of any help.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 5:37 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

For what it's worth, I attached three more crash reports from earlier this month.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bx90Gfqi7FeYektkUkpVeHRVZWs

My bug report was closed. I don't know whether it can be reopened or needs to be recreated.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,454 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Jul 10, 2012 6:40 PM   in reply to Logika12

Logika12, could you add a note to your crash dumps to your bug report here: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3201970

I had this one reopened.  If everyone could take a minute and vote for the bug I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2012 8:24 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I have the .dmp files from 2 updates ago up to today and I'm uploading as I type. The files total a little over 3 gigs of data.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2012 9:50 PM   in reply to Ryan S6.

I think ive solved it! its quite simple

Simply Uninstall Adobe Air.

Download this version: http://filehippo.com/download_adobe_air/11985/

And when its done downloading dont update. i think its a clash of changes in air and not being fixed yet but this seems to do the trick.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 3:48 PM   in reply to toxict33n

I tried your fix and crashed Immediately upon entering the game lobby.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 4:04 PM   in reply to LolismakingmeRiot

I've been desperate to solve this issue and I simply tried uninstalling Adobe Air and then running League of Legends. It still gave me the same error as when I had Adobe Air installed. It then gave me 2 options, close Adobe Air or look for a solution online (I just unistalled Adobe Air...... how can I close the program then...?). This makes me wonder, am I not uninstalling Adobe Air properly, and is that a possible reason for Adobe Air to be having problems? I tried to uninstall Adobe air via Control Panel>Uninstall Programs>Adobe Air. It opened and ran the uninstaller, so I don't understand how Adobe Air was even running after the fact. When Adobe Air crashed it said:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: LolClient.exe

Application Version: 2.0.2.12610

Application Timestamp: 4c00573a

Fault Module Name: Adobe AIR.dll

Fault Module Version: 3.1.0.4880

Fault Module Timestamp: 4eb75fb9

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000781a4

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Any Ideas?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 4:09 PM   in reply to LolismakingmeRiot

The LoL game has a copy of Adobe Air built into it. So there is no way you can completely get rid of Adobe Air without uninstalling the game and deleting the folders also.  So the only thing that I can come up with since I used this fix is that LoL is updating their game without trying to keep Adobe Air more stable with their game.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2012 11:48 AM   in reply to Dashellster

I think I have discovered another part of the debugger phenomenon. It crashes more with the more internet traffick I have at my house. When I played LoL from my house without my friends being online on my computers next to mine for about 5 hours across a two day period, I didn't have a single debugger issue. I played this morning with no problems, but (coincidentally?) the first game lobby I join with my friend at my house resulted in a debugger crash. Thinking back to it, when we were doing 3v3 with three computers online at my house at the same time, the game was nearly unplayable.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2012 11:53 AM   in reply to LolismakingmeRiot

That's a lucky thing for you. I have this issue multiple times a day. Minimum 3 times to log in to atleast another 10 each day just from chatting with friends to trying to play a game and checking out some new info. The best part is is that I'm the only one on the internet.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2012 1:28 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

So guys do u found any solution

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2012 5:08 PM   in reply to mundopwn

I was suggested to download the Adobe Ai

r ASK version 3.3 and install it and manually install it to the LoL folder

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 29, 2012 11:04 AM   in reply to Ryan S6.

Since the latest update of Adobe Air my League of Legends has been even more unstable, maybe twice as worse if not more. Maybe this will clear up soon, haven't ran the new update for longer than a few hours now. Was curious if there was a real solution to the problem, cause this thread seems to be stagnant; Perhaps I'm one of the few who haven't got the memo on the new fix?

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,454 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Aug 29, 2012 11:44 AM   in reply to LolismakingmeRiot

LoL uses a captive runtime of AIR so updating your system's version of AIR won't impact LoL stability.  I've been running LoL each night but have yet been unable to reproduce this.  I do have a bug in our database based on crash logs previously submitted so I'll take a look at the status this afternoon.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points