• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe AIR crashes during League of Legends

New Here ,
May 06, 2012 May 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, my name is Ryan, and i have a problem.

That problem is Adobe AIR. Whenever i log into a game called League of Legends, sometimes i will receive a message that says "Adobe AIR Debug Launcher has stopped working". then the only action that i can perform is closing the program. This normally happens in champion select and when it happens in champion select i get penalized and have to wait 5-15 minutes to play another game, and i lose 10 ELO (the ranking system for League of Legends). This problem has been occuring for over two months now and it is a common problem in the League of Legends community that Riot (makers of League of Legends) seem to ignore. So, i decided to come here, and hopefully one of you Adobe employees could help me out

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After many reinstallations of Adobe AIR, it still crashes. This problem has been going on for far too long and all i wish to do is play this game please help me out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, gives me a message adobe debugger has stopped working or something like that, essentially I have to be constantly active on league of legends to ensure the error doesnt occur, also I often see Disconnected red banner on the left side of the play button, it goes away after a while but the whole thing is just irritating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could either of you generate a crash dump file for us to take a look at (.dmp).  You can find instructions for doing this in the link below.  In addition, please open a new bug on this over at bugbase.adobe.com.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4159755#4159755

You might also want to try deleting your LoL preference folder but I'm not positive on the location so I'm installing LoL now to find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris, there are many people suffering from this Adobe AIR problem such as me. May we have an update on what to do to fix this?-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KFC, could you generate a crash log for me?  I never heard back from anyone if a bug was entered into bugbase.adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bx90Gfqi7FeYOVd3MHhBZ2owUjg

I have uploaded my .dmp file here. My god it was a huge file though!

I hope you find this useful to help fix this issue. I didn't submit a bug as I don't know all the details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for uploading this.  They can get pretty big, though zipping them up does help.  Would you mind opening a new bug at bugbase.adobe.com with the steps you're taking when a crash occurs?  Please post back with the bug's URL.  I'm in the process of pulling out the stack trace from your crash dump.  Once done I'll attach that along with your dmp to your bug and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also noticed you're using AIR 3.1, could you try updating to our AIR 3.3 beta 3 release to see if it still crashes?  If so, it would be great if you could zip up another dmp and post it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do I put for the 'Product Area' and 'Found in Build'?

The Found in Build does not have 3.3.0.3560 as an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LoL uses a captive runtime of AIR, which basically means that they have their own private version in their app folder.  To really test the latest release of AIR out, here's what you need to do:

1. Rename the "Adobe AIR" folder to "Adobe AIR Original" in \Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\0.0.0.240\deploy\

2. Download and extract this zip to the same location: AIR 3.6.0.597 Captive Runtime

3. Restart LoL

If you decide to try these steps, please reply to this post and let us know how it works out.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alright, i have done the steps and now see beta version on the top right. I will monitor this and see if I crash with this build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,im sorry but i have exactly the same problem.

2. Download and extract this zip to the same location: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2230935/Adobe%20AIR.zip

can i have the zip?

@ Logika , was it helpfull?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Since i've done this I have had no issues with the client crashing. So as far as i know, this was the fix to the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so could u send me this zip files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doh, sorry I must have deleted the files.  Try this zip: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2230935/adobe_air.zip

This is also the released version of AIR 3.3, so you won't see the "Beta" label in the upper right corner of the window.  I'm also going to reach out to Riot to see if they can investigate this as a more official fix.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue. The only problem I am having with the fix you provided is the folder you said to put the files into. When I get to "....> lol_air_client> releases" I have 2 folders. 1 is labeled "0.0.0.92" and the other is labeled "0.0.0.154". Which folder should I do the fix to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my system, it's the 0.0.0.154\deploy folder. The main thing is you want to do is locate the Adobe AIR folder within the 0.0.0.154 (or 0.0.0.92) folder and back it up before replacing with the new folder I provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How interesting...

I was in the clear for about a month and today I have crashed twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is weird now. When I open up LoL and put my Username and Password in I have been getting the Adobe Air error message previously stated above. A majority of the time it is this way.If you could provide any information that might be of any help I would greatly appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Chris,how it goin'? do u contacted with riots? cuz now they fixed bug with loosing elo,but they made if u left Q , u should wait 30 mins,next 60 mins etc. i would like u fix it asap)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been off for the last week, but I'll see if can get the ball rolling with this again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TY and idk if this helps, it seems to of gotten worse with this last patch. If you need any more info please let me know, I am more than willing to be of any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I attached three more crash reports from earlier this month.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bx90Gfqi7FeYektkUkpVeHRVZWs

My bug report was closed. I don't know whether it can be reopened or needs to be recreated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines