Skip navigation
SathishKumar123456
Currently Being Moderated

Application File Problem

May 22, 2012 6:28 AM

Hi,

I have problem in InDesign file. I can't able to delete the empty page in end of the document, if i try to delete the page InDesign will quit.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Sathish.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 22, 2012 6:37 AM   in reply to SathishKumar123456

Please tell us the version, including the patch level, of InDesign, and your OS.

Do you get any error message?

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 5:07 AM   in reply to SathishKumar123456

See if there is a crash report (I'd love to tell you were to look, but I don't remember -- I'm a Windows user and we don't get them). If you can find one, post it on Pastebin.com and put a link here.

In the meantime, do you ahve any third-party plugins, or a font manager? Have you tried trashing your preferences? See Replace Your Preferences

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 5:08 AM   in reply to SathishKumar123456

Do you have threaded text in the file?

If yes, then you may go into the Indesign preferences and turn "Smart Reflow" off and then check.

If incase this doesn't work then in my opinion the best option would be to move all the pages to the new document , then work on the new document and check

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 5:14 AM   in reply to Manish-Sharma

I agree that the problem could be related to Smart Text Reflow, but ID shouldn't be crashing....

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 7:02 AM   in reply to SathishKumar123456

What happens if you disable it?

|
    Mark as:
  • John Hawkinson
    5,572 posts
    Jun 25, 2009
    May 23, 2012 8:47 AM   in reply to Peter Spier

See if there is a crash report (I'd love to tell you were to look, but I don't remember -- I'm a Windows user and we don't get them). If you can find one, post it on Pastebin.com and put a link here.

They should just pop up after the program exits.

But you can fire up Console.app and look in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports.

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 2:42 AM   in reply to SathishKumar123456

If you have checked in the Adobe Extension Manager CS5 and the plugin doesn't show up , then you can export the file in IDML , and check the IDML file.

IDML removes the Third party plugin from the document.

Also , please provide the crash log as John and Peter has said for detailed analysis and please place it on "Pastebin.com" and put the link here.

|
    Mark as:
  • John Hawkinson
    5,572 posts
    Jun 25, 2009
    May 24, 2012 2:49 AM   in reply to SathishKumar123456

Where I can disable it? When I search in Adobe Extension Manager CS5, the plugin doesn't seems.

Indeed, Adobe Extension Manager doesn't handle all plugins. You'll have to remove it from /Applications/Adobe InDesign CS5/Plugins in the Finder.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points