I have created an Adobe Captivate training project which includes a number of .flv videos and I want to convert the whole SCORM course to HTML 5 so it can be viewed online using an iPhone or iPad. I have a converter that converts the slides etc but it is not converting the videos.
Is there a way to do this without recreating the whole project? It appears I can only import .flv files into captivate to use as a video as when I attempt to import a different file format it tells me it need to encode it.
Any help on this matter would be extremely useful.
You can convert your captivate course in HTML 5 format to play it on iPADs.
Use Captivate HTML 5 converter, to convert your scorm based course into HTML 5 and then publish it into zip format.
upload this ZIP file on SCORM LMS and see if it works.
Please download the Captivate HTML 5 converter from this page : http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/captivate_html5.html
you need to follow following steps :
1. Publish the course in ZIP format with Scorm reporting enables
2. Unzip the package into a folder.
3. install the Adobe Captivate HTML5 converter and the launch it. Load the SWF from extracted folder and click on 'Convert' in HTML 5 converter application,
4. Once conversion is done, then click on 'Publish' button on HTML 5 converter and this will create a ZIP file inside the extracted folder.
5. Upload the new ZIP file and check if that solves your problem.
Adobe HTML 5 converter is still in beta phase and so some of the functionality in the project might not work.
Please check the FAQ and other information provided on the same page : http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/captivate_html5.html.
Europe, Middle East and Africa