Skip navigation
vrunk
Currently Being Moderated

Moving a group of files from Organizer into Premiere Elements 10

May 15, 2012 3:08 PM

Tags: #elements_10 #elements_10_organizer

I've just spent two hours trying (unsuccessfully) to figure out how to use tags in Organizer to select a subset of files in an album and then send those files into Premiere Elements 10.  I don't want them in the timeline, I just want to import only those files with specific tags in Organizer into a new project in Premiere Elements as media to use to create a project in Elements.  I'm willing to save copies of these files into a new folder on my hard drive if that's what it takes, but I can't figure out how to do that either.  Help??

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 15, 2012 4:31 PM   in reply to vrunk

Have you tried selecting the files in the Organizer's Media Browser, right-clicking and selecting Edit with Premiere Elements?

There shouldn't be much more to it.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 7:30 AM   in reply to vrunk

No.

Although if you do this and then immediately press Delete, all the clips will be erased from your timeline yet remain in your Project Media panel.

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2012 5:13 AM   in reply to vrunk

In Windows do this:

1. Have PRE open in your blank project with the Media pane displayed.
    2. Select your clips in Organizer.
    3. Drag the clips over the PRE icon in the taskbar. Do NOT release the mouse button.
    4. After a second or so PRE will display.
    5. Still holding the mouse button move the mouse drag icon over the media panel.
    6. Now release the mouse button and your clips will be in the project media and your timeline will be empty.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 3:46 AM   in reply to vrunk

Glad that sorted it out for you. Also don't give up on the Organizers other capabilities. The more you work with it the more powerful you will find its features. Live with the occasional slow performance and the dreadfulness of the 'Folder View' and you will find it has excellent tagging, searching and face recognition features that can make it an indispensable tool.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers