Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 About what Adobe thought when...

May 24, 2012 3:48 AM

Tags: #illustrator #adobe #cs6

... when designing the the required option...

To see the effect you need to click on the picture because the forum in this view off the block GIF animation.

ai_tool_04.gif

I will add that it is very alignment tools in the toolbar toview a very good and I awaited feature. However, itsinclusion causes more trouble than not ...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 24, 2012 3:55 AM   in reply to MarioMari

I don't get your point.

And as always: this is a user-to-user-forum. Most people here may not be able to answer the question as you put it.

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 5:01 AM   in reply to MarioMari

art.Mariusz wrote:

Monica, can you share my point of view as you set the tools as the image and then open new documents, fit to window and edit groups such as... Is my question is this weird?

I don't understand what you want to tell me.

art.Mariusz wrote:

Monika Illustartor create daily or learning Illustartora do you do?

I don't understand this either. Do you perhaps want to know my level of knowledge in Illustrator?

Read my posts in this forum.

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 6:43 AM   in reply to MarioMari

In your first posting all you are showing is that when you hit the minimize maximize button it minimized to the last size you that you resized the window. But in your case it does not show the rest of the window indicating thaat perhaps you have a problem like a corrupt preference.

As far as he panels go the issue was addressed long time ago as you can easily minimize the panels and doc them to the right or left side of the document window.

But the first visual you show in your original post does not happen on my Mac. So you might have an issue.

Asfar as asking a question on the forum and then questioning the person as to their level of experience seems kind of rude to me.

You asked an opinion does not matter how experienced the user is does it that is their opinion.

And if you were really  experience then yo would know even the most inexperience poerson can make insightfful observations and suggestions, which often experience users with their prejudices overlook.

Quite frankly it also seems to me you are complaining about absolutely nothing, of course we all know and agree that Illustrator is far from being a perfect application but CS 6 was well tested and though so far we have noiced a few smll bugs it seems thyat the team testing this product did a very excellent job!

You should be thanking them rather than complaining about what seems to be trivial or non issues.

Trash your preferences and see if that helps. Check out your fonts and clean your font cache. Experienced are you you shoud know all of this.

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 10:15 AM   in reply to MarioMari

It does not disappear CS6 it is now loacted under the torn off tools

Screen Shot 2012-05-24 at 1.03.28 PM.png

I think that fact i can do things that cannot be created in C S 6 that are not possible n CS 5 is great.

Ireally like the pattern tool amd Image Trace is a big improvemnt over Live Trace the feture of scrolling through the fonts aand havig live updates on the canvas is cool even though I was against it.

I like that I can rename layers right in the layers panel similar to Photoshp I really like the fact that I can now print to my non postscript inkjet printer and get prefect ptintts with no jagged angled or curved line.I like the idea that i can adjust line weights and other  other such adjustments using the scroll wheel on tthe mouse as well as opacity with the same method and i have live feedback as I make the adjustmenrs.

Those ae some of the things I like.

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 12:45 PM   in reply to Wade_Zimmerman

We are facing some sort of a tragicomedy when Inline editing in panels ( "without using intermediate dialog boxes" (!!) ) is supposed to be one of the top ten enhancements in AI CS6.

Two decades ago, of course, it would have been sensational. But today, in 2012 ?

Well …

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 8:20 PM   in reply to MarioMari

I see it is not just your english that is in need of improvement. You can watch the video perhaps you will actually learn something if that is possible.

http://www.wadezimmerman.com/videos/RenameLayer.mov

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 8:34 PM   in reply to Kurt Gold

Kurt

I don't agree with this for one thing if you knew about certaain preferencess of the users other than perhaps yourself then you would know what an accomplishment it is to have this feature implemented at all.

It is not that it was no requested many times but there where many users who did not want to change it and I do not think itis condsider one of the top tern features though it is mentioned because for many but not all user it has been a long time coming.

I wrote that I liked it as the question ws put to me, but I can see from your point of view how that might be a problem someone else having a preference other than your own.

But the importance of the feature late to the game or not is so that one can have a visual to comapre how they nmight have name other layers and alter it righ there would out opening the dialog again or knowing up front hay I better use another name I think for many users this is and will helpful especially if the user is importing CAD files made up of many sheets where youwant to name something like it was but you want it tio stand out if you alter an object or a layer.

You would know what I mean if you ever opened CAD file in Illustrator that was not dumbed down.

This might seem simple to explain to toher users how importnt it could be but it is very difficult to explain.

This might now lead to an even better feature connect to this implementation which is the ability to search the layers panel by layer or object name.

If that happens then you will understand why this is a feature better late than never.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 1:18 AM   in reply to MarioMari

You're working with an older version of AI

CS 6 you can change directly in the panel.

Screen Shot 2012-05-25 at 4.04.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2012-05-25 at 4.04.34 AM.png

In the appearance panel it is not necessary o name the group or path as you canonly work on one object or group or layer at a time and can only display one at a time.

The layers panel is bringing you a different function and logistics.

You really have to read the manual.

I think if you have difficulty witht he progrm and how it functions you shoukd realyconsider moving onto other progrms like Inkspace or Corel Draw perhaps they function better for you.

I don't think I can help you any further as you are having difficulties which are difficult to understand or appreciate since they do not actually seem to be problems.

Good luck.

I hope you feel better…about Illustrator!

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 1:39 AM   in reply to Wade_Zimmerman

Yes like in the the first video it points to a very mportant feature for Illustrator the user is not as tied to a panel as it appears in that video. The user has more of a reltionship to the canvas true you have to often use a panel but most of the work is done directly on the canvas as intesresting as those tools may be they lack the tactical dynamics.

Sort of the difference between ppainting by numbers and spending time in a life drawing studio and in the field developing skills and your own way of doing things.

True there are thoings Illustrator does not have but the question is not so much as having them but how do you make them work for an artists or a designer. Usrs who do not expect the program to do the work for them and make the decissions for them.

If you are not of that mind set then I would sayIllustrator is not for you.

Which brings up the question again why are you here?

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 1:52 AM   in reply to Wade_Zimmerman

I watch the second video and that is a joke  going back and forth like that is a bit crazy to say the least most users who come to the forum do not want to go nuts like that that is one not intuitve and asecondkly unless the user has done such a thing k=like that many times before it is going to tke them a long time and of course the person doing the tutorial forgot one important thing when making the rflections they make the reflections the same for all the letters even though the letters were orient in different directions.

That flaw would never sit well with the Illustrator crowd.

It is a very poor tutorial and the prson doing the tutorial shold go to a drawing studio class to get an understand of life around them.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points