Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is public file sharing from the cloud really "public"?

May 24, 2012 11:25 AM

I'm wondering...When I make a file "PUBLIC" does that mean that it could be viewed by anyone in the public or just by people that I send the link to or people that they may send the link to? Is this crawled by search engines?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 24, 2012 11:32 AM   in reply to jmahurin

Public means viewable by anyone who has the link.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 12:55 AM   in reply to jmahurin

I looks like if you share a link for ONE file, the reciepient of that link will now have access to ALL your files and folders in Adobe Cloud. Is there a way to limit access or password-protect links to files when sharing? This type of file sharing is way too open, without any restrictions for privacy. In comparison, on the "old" Apple iDisk, you were able to share files in you PUBLIC folder, or you can send a link to download files, without allowing access to the rest of your files.

Could you please clarify the file access restrictions and limitations on Adobe Could?

Thank you.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 1:16 AM   in reply to Truffle Network

Hi,

Sharing ONE file would not allow to view any other files.

If you send link via email to another email address, it will only send the link for that FILE which you shared.

You can't access any other files of the sender.

There are two options :

One is PRIVATE -- with no options means this is private to you (Even if anyone knows the link, he can't view that file untill and unless that file is in PUBLIC mode)

Another is PUBLIC with 2 options : Comment and Download -- If you check those then the recipient will be able to comment and download that specific IMAGE or FILE.

Thanks,

Baljeet

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points