Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Maintaining your DPS subscription

May 24, 2012 11:38 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 24, 2012 11:38 AM   in reply to Community Help

I don't quite understand the folio bundle concept. If a folio is one app and that app is to be made available to the employees of a company, does that mean the downloads can be unlimited?  We're looking into purchasing the DPS but not sure which one to get.  I saw on one page that the Single Edition will only work for iPads--did I get it right?  I didn't see that info on the other pages so I'm not sure.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,644 posts
    May 29, 2007
    May 24, 2012 2:46 PM   in reply to ramonitap

There are different kinds of apps -- single-issue and multi-issue. A mulit-issue app has multiple folios, such as a magazine with monthly issues. Publishers who create multi-issue apps need to pay for downloads. With single-folio apps, it isn't necessary to pay for downloads -- the app, which includes the folio, is downloaded from the App Store.

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 3:07 PM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

Hi Bob,

If the app is for the employees of one company and therefore should not be made available to anyone outside that company, does this mean we have to purchase the Enterprise edition?  I was told by a sales rep that the Enterprise Edition is what makes that possible.  Could you also please explain how the folio bundle works?  Sorry for this but I really couldn't find an explanation. 

Thank you!

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,644 posts
    May 29, 2007
    May 24, 2012 3:24 PM   in reply to ramonitap

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 3:40 PM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

Thanks for the link, Bob.  It does explain a lot.  My employer still has questions, though.  Is there a number we can call (sometime tomorrow as it's end of day here) so that she can get a better picture of how this works and which will be the right fit for us? We know the Single Edition won't do because of its limitations but we do want to make sure we get the right version before we invest.

Thanks so much!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2012 2:43 AM   in reply to Community Help

Is Adobe planning any smaller folio bundle size increments for us smaller publishers. 10K and 25K is too much for our subscriber base and making publishing using your service not as cost effective as other providers. Can Adobe give any relief. I know it does not cost that much for downloadable data from a server for each folio to be delivered. As a result, I am writing my own multi-folio app viewer just in case. Just asking.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2012 6:19 AM   in reply to revronpate

I am with revronpate - our little magazine isn't trying to compete with the "big guys" (just yet, anyway) and 10k is a lot for us to have to purchase up front and a huge additional expense. I am hoping that they are coming up with solutions for smaller to mid-range companies.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2012 6:47 AM   in reply to AmericanGentleman2012

Is there someone to contact via the phone? We are in need of more folio downloads and can seem to find the right person to talk to......

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,644 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Jun 28, 2012 10:09 AM   in reply to AmericanGentleman2012

Gold support phone numbers are listed on the DPS Dashboard when you sign in. Let us know if you still don't get the information you need.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2012 4:00 PM   in reply to Community Help

I have NEVER received an email saying our service is to be restricted. I stumbled over this as a pop up inside the DPS Page. I then find out that the reseller we usually go through is not allowed to resell DPS so we are forced to then go with a new reseller. The process for this inside Edge is a complicated one as we dont just align ourselves with untested companies. After selecting a company to go through we then find out that the way we pay for this product has changed, this is an issue as we have contracts with our customers based on the OLD way we where charged from Adobe.

This process has taken 4 weeks internally and it looks like we are about to finally get a resolution internally, but it may be to late as our account has been restricted. Edge has been a DPS partner for more than 2 years. We where VERY early adopters of this product and have shared our knowledge with other would be users of DPS including training. To be cut off is very disappointing.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2012 11:09 AM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

Is this to say that if we purchase the professional edition of the publishing suitedo publish a free online magazinefor US$5,940/year, that we will also have to pay a fee on every download?

How about for selling books via this same subscription? Is there a Fulfillment Bundle Download Fee for each download--in addition to the US$5,940/year subscription fee?

Thank you.

CG

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 20, 2012 6:02 PM   in reply to Community Help

I am the user of DPS that has less 60 days for usage and I got the message,"Signing in failed , please try again" , for downloading my ipa or zip after creating new app(single folio) from Folio Producer and DPS App builder . I check my provisions and .p12 ,however the message still comes out.

Please tell me what is wrong with it and how many single folios can be made for one Title ID?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2012 4:37 PM   in reply to Community Help

HI there,

Is there any way to renew an existing yearly contract (Professional) which will expire soon to a monthly subscription plan ??? Please update me asap.

Where is the link where i can renew the existing contract by paying online (I am in the Middle East)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points