Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Email campaigns not sending

May 24, 2012 4:56 PM

Is anyone else getting issues with email campaigns being scheduled days in advance, getting confirmations it has been scheduled, and then finding the campaign does not send and returns to draft mode?

I have had several campaigns scheduled days in advance only to return hours after the scheduled time to find the campaign still sitting in draft mode. I have submitted a case on this but I am curious if this is something others are finding too.

After it happened the first time, accepting I must have made the mistake, I have been exceptionally thorough in triple checking the scheduling and watching for when the campaign goes.

Curious

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 24, 2012 4:59 PM   in reply to Matthew_Wooler

Does it happen everytime? Perhaps you haven't validated your email address that you are sending from?

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 5:09 PM   in reply to Brad Lawryk

No it is intermittent and only has occurred on campaigns scheduled at least a day in advance. On and off over the last few weeks. With this client site emails are going our almost every week with the same address so validation is fine.

There are some processes of elimination I am going through now to see if I can force it to happen again as it happened this morning from a email scheduled yesterday afternoon.

More curious to know if it has happended to anyone else.

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 8:10 PM   in reply to Matt_Wooler

Hi Matt

I am not sure whether my problem is the same as yours, but I have a campaign that says it is completed (about 3 hours ago) but no emails have actually been sent (I am on the recipient list and have not received it and there are also no opens, bounces or anything else reported for the campaign).

I had a similar problem with last month's campaign.  The email was eventually received about 2-3 hours later.  So hopefully this one will get sent soon.

I know that campaigns won't necessarily go immediately, but i am sure in the past it did not say it was complete until the emails had actually been sent.

When i set the email to send, the delivery date and time was in the past (which i think is different to your scenario).

|
    Mark as:
  • mario_gudelj
    1,680 posts
    Oct 13, 2010
    May 24, 2012 9:07 PM   in reply to Matthew_Wooler

The only way the campaign can be placed back into draft mode is if you schedule it then make a change and re-save it. Once it's re-saved it will be in draft mode and you have to click send again to schedule it.

As for delays, the delay period can depend on the number of campaigns being sent on the day or particular time. The week prior to mother's day was a busy one for the campaign server. There were millions of campaigns in the queue. Also, busy times are just before people get to work, during lunch time and just after they come home.

-mario

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 5:43 AM   in reply to Matthew_Wooler

hey Mario, this isn't directed at you, I think you are a dead set legend. this comment is to BC as a provider of business services. There is absolutly no excuse for newsleter campaign delays. Mail Chimp, Campaign Monitor and Vision 6 deliver with in minutes. Hour+ delays are unacceptable.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 9:12 AM   in reply to Always Interactive

I always set newsletters to go between 1:00am and 2:00am. Never an issue.

|
    Mark as:
  • DandyDahlia
    190 posts
    Apr 12, 2012
    Aug 29, 2012 11:14 PM   in reply to Brad Lawryk

Today's newsletter took over 1 hour from the time it said it was completed to the time it was actually sent.

We like to send our newsletter at times we know our customers (they are shop keepers) are quiet and have time to read them. (We have been doing newsletters for over 7 years and this is based on open rates and yes there is big differences in times of day for our customers). So having such a random delay is disheartening. This isn't a rant, I'm just a BC customer that has expecations when you hit send it is sent.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2012 5:25 PM   in reply to mario_gudelj

What's happening with the mail delivery times mario? What is the discussion at Adobe? surely a leading edge company like adobe does not think that delays of up to 6 hours of a campaign delivery is ok???

Does Adobe have plans for upgrading the campaign server to handle the performance levels required for the amount campaigns being sent through BC?

Timing is crucial with an email campaign, you might as well say, "the week before mothers day all your websites will take 3 minutes to load their pages, but it's only because it's a busy week, the next week they'll load much quicker than that".

I recieve a campaign every friday afternoon, called 'beer oclock' it arrives just after 3:00pm...its a great campaign strategy as it arrives just before The average Joe leaves work for the weekend... now imagine the success of that campaign being deliered out of BC with a delay of 1 hour, now think 2 hours, now think 3 hours...it's getting worse right? well today we had a client complain of a 4 hour delay in their campaign...4 hours is just not aceptable neither is 3, 2 or 1 hour delays.

BC needs to seriously look at a strategy to resolve the campaign server delivery time delays, and present it to us partners so that we know BC cares about this. BC did a great job showcasing it's intentions to use Liquid Markup, it's been a long time since the announcement but at least we know BC is seriously looking at bring Liquid Markup to the system... lets see what BC is going to do about email delivery.

Thanks - Billy Bowyer.

|
    Mark as:
  • mario_gudelj
    1,680 posts
    Oct 13, 2010
    Oct 21, 2012 7:51 PM   in reply to Always Interactive

Hey Billy,

You've probably noticed lately that every release recently has had some campaign improvements in it. The team is committed to improving this feature and deliveribility and performance are a part of these improvements. Please look out for the announcements on our blog around these improvements.

Cheers,

-mario

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2013 11:07 PM   in reply to Matthew_Wooler

Hi Matt,

looking through the discussions on newsletter camapaign delays and found your thread. I know its a few months now but did you find a way to solve the problem. I scheduled an email campaign for the 24th February and when my client contacted me to say he had not received anything, i checked and the campaign had re-set itself to the 26th at 4.00am - 2 days later.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points