Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
Ian370
Currently Being Moderated

ACR 7.0 plug-in included in LR 4 and Photoshop CS6?

May 24, 2012 2:14 PM

Tags: #acr #7.0

I own LR 4 and Photoshop CS6, but am still stuck with ACR 6.7. How do I get ACR 7.0?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 24, 2012 4:31 PM   in reply to Ian370

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Camera RAW forum.

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 8:29 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

ACR 6.7 is for CS5.  If you installed PS-CS6 then you have ACR 7.0.  Help / About Lightroom shows a Camera Raw version number to indicate what version of the PS-ACR plug-in it is compatible with, but LR does not actually use or contain the plug-in which is only for Photoshop and its kin.

LR 4.1 RC and ACR 7.1 RC are at http://labs.adobe.com/ if you are looking for newer camera support, or just another shot at installing an ACR plug-in for your PS-CS6.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 4:54 AM   in reply to Ian370

Ian370 wrote:

… had assumed this would happen automatically once Bridge CS 6 and Photoshop CS6 were installed. It does not!

No, of course not.  Photoshop and Bridge don't give a darn about Lightroom, and neither does their installer. 

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 1:13 PM   in reply to Ian370

Again, read post #5.   Photoshop and Bridge don't give a darn about Lightroom, and neither does their installer.

What Lightroom may or may not have done is a question for the Lightroom forum.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 3:09 PM   in reply to station_two

I need to be educated. Why would a Lightroom/Photoshop workflow have Bridge listed as an external editor?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points