Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot finalise registration process of CS6 due to Adobe ID error

May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed 13 copies of CS6 in our studio, 12 successfully but one is having problems. The registration process goes smoothly using our relevant Adobe licences, the problem occurs when we have to enter the Adobe ID at the end of the process. The two option sappear, sign in later or sign in now. Once we click sign in now it just becomes the spinning wheel of boredom, can't do anything. of course the problem is that it says you have 7 days to do so before it makes the application inoperable.

So what is wrong and how do I fix this and what does an Adobe ID have to do with this whole thing anyway? We have the legal licences, why do we also need an Adobe ID to complete the process

Graham

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

I had the same issue & contacted Tech Support several times before finally they found that it must be my "corporate network" setup.

This is in part becuase Adobe is now requiring that you use your Adobe ID to register CS6.  See the link below:

Adobe ID Required for Photoshop CS6 Beta and Upcoming CS 6 Products

http://blogs.adobe.com/oobe/2012/03/adobe-id-required-for-photoshop-cs6-beta-and-upcoming-cs-6-products.html

After several "live" chats with Adobe support they gave me a link to directions fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact support by phone, if your Adobe ID is not recognized. Adobe IDs became mandatory, since users can mange their activations from the website now.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is we can't even get to the stage of entering the Adobe ID, it just spins away merrily when you click the Sign In Now button. We have uninstalled all the CS6 software and re in stalled it and it still has the same problem, we can't get to the screen to enter the Adobe ID, meanwhile it is slowly counting down the days until we can't use our software.

Graham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue & contacted Tech Support several times before finally they found that it must be my "corporate network" setup.

This is in part becuase Adobe is now requiring that you use your Adobe ID to register CS6.  See the link below:

Adobe ID Required for Photoshop CS6 Beta and Upcoming CS 6 Products

http://blogs.adobe.com/oobe/2012/03/adobe-id-required-for-photoshop-cs6-beta-and-upcoming-cs-6-produ...

After several "live" chats with Adobe support they gave me a link to directions for a work around.  The problem was our "corporate network" setup, so this will occur on each machine that you install CS6 on while connected to a "corporate network".

To work around the CS6 registration error on a "corporate network" you must do one of the following: disable the proxy server, disconnect from the internet completely to use the Offline Activation option, or use an alternate outside internet source to complete the CS6 registration.

Adobe Tech Support directed me to a forum on how to disable the proxy server, but really all you need to do is unplug your internet source, and then you can generate the codes that are needed to complete the registration with the Offline Activation option. This worked for me, I'm all set now.

See the links below:

Forum link from Adobe Tech Support

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1005256

Offline Activation
https://exception.licenses.adobe.com/aoes/aoes/v1/t1?locale=en

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines