Skip navigation
anna nemcheninova
Currently Being Moderated

how to change the language installing lightroom?

May 23, 2012 9:29 AM

Tags: #lightroom #change #problems #installation #language #english

hello

i'm located in russia and purchased lightroom at adobe.ru online store in ue&ie english version after downloading it on my mac at the process of installation the installation master using strange language neither english nor russian which makes it impossible to neither navigate nor install the program (licencing information is in this strange language which might be either japanese or chinese or smth else). Can smbd help me and advise how to change the language the the process of installation to english?

Снимок экрана 2012-05-23 в 20.26.41.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 23, 2012 12:39 PM   in reply to anna nemcheninova

Looks like you are getting Japanese for the License Agreement. Check your OS settings: Apple Menu > System Preferences > Language & Text. Try removing Japanese (and all other Pacific Asian country languages) from the list and retry the install.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 25, 2012 10:14 AM   in reply to anna nemcheninova

Yeah, it's a strange thing about how Macs work. They have multiple languages installed at once and it's a system setting that determines which displays. Basically, the Mac OS tells our installer which language to use, there is not setting within to do this. It's odd that you had to remove all the rest, usually you just have to change the order, but we are seeing more cases where you actually have to remove them. They are still available, they are just ignored.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points