Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

InDesign 5.5 Print Booklet as PDF

May 25, 2012 8:50 AM

Tags: #pdf #mac #cs5.5 #indesign #print

I am trying to print a PDF booklet (printer spreads) from InDesign 5.5. Print as PDF no longer appears to be an option (if you know how do do this let me know!) so I created a print preset to print a PostScript file. The file generates. When opened in Acrobat 10 it is almost the way I want EXCEPT I can't seem to control the page set-up and the page set-up options are grayed out in the PostScript print set-up. I want an 8.5 x 11 horizontal file and I keep getting a 8.5 x 11 vertical file (with sides cropped). The preview from Print Booklet looks the way I want, but opening the PS file is not retaining what I see in the preview.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 25, 2012 9:36 AM   in reply to for_vt

You'll find a fairly complete discussion in the comments here: InDesignSecrets » Blog Archive » Acrobat’s Adobe PDF Printer Replaced in Snow Leopard as well as several threads here on this forum if you search.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 10:37 AM   in reply to for_vt

Did you read the comments in that article? There is a discussion of printing to postscript, and the necessity to dowload the Acrobat 9 ppd, along with a link.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 10:53 AM   in reply to for_vt

Yes. Use the Acrobat 9 ppd.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers