Skip navigation
SyrioForel
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 Running out of memory Error while rendering

Oct 12, 2012 8:28 AM

Hey everyone,

I recently upgraded to After Effects CS6 thinking it would be a great investment. So far, I have been horribly wrong!

Here's my computer's specs: (this is a huge upgrade from the computer I was running 5.5 on without any problems other than it being slow)

Intel i7-3615QM 2.3GHz Ivy Bridge processor

8GB GDDR5 RAM

NVIDIA GeForcs 650M w/ 2GB GDDR5 dedicated RAM

Here's what's happening:

I've been doing recording for my job at 1080p in front of a green screen. I record 16 minute sections. I use Keylight to replace the background with a still picture, and then export the video at half resolution, with audio as H.264 (.mp4) files. Normally I would set up the 16 minute sections to render in queue, but it kept having the "out of memory" error shortly after starting the one second in line. So then I started just doing one at a time... and now it won't even make it through one!

I have noticed that even after rendering is done, AE is still using 6 gigs of RAM! Usually I can purge the ram, but now even doing that doesn't change anything - I have to close the program to get my RAM back. I have tried enlarging my page file, I've tried rendering in different resolutions and file types - I feel like I've tried everthing. I've looked all over the internet and I haven't found any real solutions (just talk from 2008 about "secret" menus that I can't get to work).

Please help!!

Thank you!!

Dominic

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 23, 2012 9:14 PM   in reply to SyrioForel

Get more ram!!! AE thrives on it. Especially if you are loading into AE 16 minute clips of 1080P.

Maybe you should try keying in the NLE you are using . PrP CS6 might be a good alternative work flow.

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 10:47 PM   in reply to SyrioForel

You could revert to CS5/ CS5.5? CS6 is a bust... 'nuff said. If you're stuck with CS6, try an alternat output format. You could simply be challenging luck here by combining two critical things - Keylight, which has always been a memory hog and buggy, and H.264 output, which could be buggy as well.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 8:22 PM   in reply to Mylenium

You could revert to CS5/ CS5.5? CS6 is a bust..

Mylenium, you must be delerius. My experience is to the conrary. I know you tend to be melodramatic , but thats just ridiculous.

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 6:58 PM   in reply to SyrioForel

Hey, I'm sorry that it isn't working, but I gotta tell you;           ever since they made AE 64 bits, 6 gigs is hardly enough to flush the toilet.  It's a miracle you got it to work before.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points