• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements Won't Install

New Here ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back in 2010 my parents had bought me a wacom/bamboo pentablet for christmas. With the pentablet came with Photoshop Elements 7.0. I successfully installed it onto my old computer, around the end of 2011 our computer got a virus. The virus ruined our computer, so we had to get rid of it. And by get rid of, we threw it away. My aunt later gave us her computer, by the way, it is an old and used computer. I installed my tablet with no problem but when I would try and upload the photoshop cd. The installing screen would never come up.

I go to My Computer>Devices with Removable Storage>Drive (F:) nothing was there. I've been so confused and I can never find the answer. Finally a guy in my math class had told me that I had to remove the device from the old computer cause the cd is locked up since its been used already.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Windows are you using?  Have you been able to install anything else from CD or DVD on this computer?  Which drive letter exactly is your optical drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows XP. Yes I have been able to install other things like my two pentablets my scanner. and the drive is the CD-RW Drive (F:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried right clicking on the F: drive and select Explore?  Inside you should find a folder containing the install files and in that folder there should be a file titled setup.exe.  Can you please try double clicking on setup.exe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. But nope. The only thing that comes up are picture files with pictures that came from my camrea a few months ago. But also the folders are faded...like they are set on being hidden. there is no setup.exe thing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2012 May 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have your camera connected?  Can you possibly look at My Computer and see if you have an icon of your a CD on one of your drives.  It sounds like your F: drive might be your connect camera or maybe a USB device which contains your pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines