Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
Currently Being Moderated

Unfamiliar icon on Camera Raw forum page.

May 25, 2012 1:18 PM

Wat's the story behind the Adobe Camera Raw forum using this (butt-ugly) purple icon labeled "mediaencoder"? 

mediaencoder-48x48.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 25, 2012 1:38 PM   in reply to station_two

Perhaps because ACR isn’t not a program so doesn’t have its own icon, and because this one looked like a process involving low-level pixels, which is what decoding raw files is.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 1:49 PM   in reply to station_two

Why does your profile’s camera icon have a similar color, then?  All the CS6-vintage icons are flat with strong colors and have a single pixel border, so someone’s job was to restyle everything and perhaps MediaEncoder’s icon was less important so got purple instead of blue or red.  I actually like purple, though I prefer the darker purple of the foreground and border, not the lighter background purple.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 2:00 PM   in reply to station_two

You don’t dislike your icon enough to provide your own personalized icon, though and I actually see another “generic person head-and-shoulders” icon associated with forum posts that don’t have a personalized avatar or profile picture.  I suppose it could have been the default icon from the forum a few versions ago.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,534 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 26, 2012 5:38 AM   in reply to station_two

http://www.lifeinitaly.com/files/imagecache/extralarge/d3f72c7d7498ec68f1211d07e8381ef3.jpg

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points