Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
Currently Being Moderated

Wierd Color Artifacts in ACR 7.1 Beta

May 26, 2012 7:07 AM

This morning I was with a client for a product shoot, and have a weird color banding/artifact issue with ACR 7.1 Beta, it only shows in ACR at odd magnification levels. Look like it might be an issue with ACR and the video driver.  The image opens just fine in Photoshop CS6. At first I really thought I had a weird case of CA, but that turned out to not be the case. Seems to be in the same family of display bug as the jaggies in the Liquify window

Some details:

Camera: Nikon D800

Lens: Nikon 105mm Macro

System Software: Windows 7 Service Pack 1

ACR 7.1 Beta

Video: Intel HD4000 with lated patch applied.

Images showing this problem attached. I have blacked out the branding to cover the clients name

Artifact_001.JPG

First image is at 13.1% magnification in ACR window, you can see the issue between the bottles

Artifact_003.JPG

Second Image is at 25% magnification in ACR window and displays correctly.

Would be good to get this fixed as it was very confusing and I did at first play with the CA to try and correct the problem. Also confusing was it also looked like black clipping which clearly it was not

MK

Working through the images from this shoot, the problem is images that have transitions from white or near white to black or near black, and it seems like it is a problem with how black clipping is displayed at odd magnifications like 14.1% (fit in view) in the ACR window.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 29, 2012 4:15 AM   in reply to MikeKPhoto

Can you provide a raw file?

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 7:37 AM   in reply to MikeKPhoto

You can send it to me at madmanchan2000@yahoo.com (YouSendIt.com, dropbox, etc.).  Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 1, 2012 5:57 AM   in reply to MikeKPhoto

Hi Mike,

I have received the file safely.  Thank you!

Eric

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2012 4:42 AM   in reply to MadManChan2000

I am having the same issues but with CS5. This only started when my PS6 Beta ran out and I started using cs5 again. One other point of interest is that the artifacts seem to act like clipping indicators and they can be changed by adjusting exposure controls. They disappear entirely if you turn on the highlight clipping indicator.

Some images I open have these artifacts no matter what magnifaction, some will display fine at 100% but these artifacts appear at other magnifications (50%, 33% etc.).

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,488 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 14, 2012 4:56 PM   in reply to dcbulge

What version of Camera Raw, specifically, are you running with Ps CS5?  6.7?

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points