Skip navigation
matthew.roth88
Currently Being Moderated

Won't import Photoshop menu, sends message "photoshop file error-37"

May 25, 2012 5:19 PM

Tags: #photoshop #error #import #error_37

I'm trying to import a photoshop file as a menu, but i keep getting an error message "photoshop file error-37." I had been getting this error yesterday, but after making changes to the coding of the layer names, the problems seemed to go away. I've checked and re-checked the layer button code names, and everything seems fine. I tried a shorter file name, after reading that long file names can cause problems. I'm out of ideas. Anybody have any thoughts?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 25, 2012 6:51 PM   in reply to matthew.roth88

Can you post a screen-cap of that Menu Open in PS, with the Layers Palette showing, and the Button Layer Sets expanded?

Likely something in there, that will help others work on sorting out your problem.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 7:55 PM   in reply to matthew.roth88

I don't see why you would get such an error. Note that there does not appear to be a single Google hit for your precise error. Never a good sign, and one of my red flags for reinstall (but not yet),

I prefer the methods Encore templates use: within a button group, put the highlights at the top, put text with effects lower; do not add multiple background layers (if you then try to use a motion menu, Encore replaces only the official background layer).

But none of those sorts of things should produce any error.

I would start with a template submenu, and copy and paste my elements in. See if that fixes it. Or start at the other end: duplicate the menu in Encore, then remove various types of elements (extra backgro8und layers; all button text layers; or certain effects, etc).

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2012 1:57 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

I would go for a blanc menu in Encore.

Open in PS and paste all the elements from the old menu into this new one.

Delete all the effects that do not show. Like drop shadow and Bevel in Duffy's overview.

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2012 11:11 AM   in reply to matthew.roth88

Matt,

In addition to what Stanley and Ann have said, remember that there are serious limitations to Highlight Layer (Sub-picture Highlights), such as NO Effects - only 2-bit color - and Transparency/Opacity.

Effects CAN be added to Text, and to Shapes, so long as they are not Sub-picture Highlights.

I almost always do as Ann mentions, and start with the generic Blank Menu, or perhaps one that has attributes, that I want, and then just construct/re-construct what I need. I also never deviate from the Layer/Layer Sets' naming conventions - never.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2012 6:49 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Just FYI, it appeared to me that the only effects were added to text etc, not to highlights.

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 8:25 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

Stanley,

I agree. It appears that the two Sub-picture Highlight Layers shown, both (=1), do not have any FX added to them - just the Text and then Shapes (?) Layers.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points