Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove blank space around project

Contributor ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am getting extra space outside of my project.  Below is a screenshot of the published project.  The blue border indicates the edge of my slide.  It is a square shape drawn on the slide.  I have turned off the playback bar and borders.

Is there code I need to modify in the html file?

space.gif

Thanks!

Micky

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Micky

Here's the deal. When you configure the project initially, you choose a size it will be. That's known as your "project resolution". The goal is a constant moving target. You want to choose a size that fits easily on your target audience's display without forcing them to scroll. So this is a fixed size.

What it sounds like you are wanting is for the project to dynamically consume all available space in the browser. And that can be done if you open only the SWF and not the HTML page created to present the SWF. As long as you are happy with the result, that will work most of the time.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could just include the SWF, but it's going to be SCORM.

Students will take the CBT in a workshop, with a facilitator present.  We know the resolution of the machines, so I'm not worried about various browser sizes.

I was hoping that there was code in the HTML, much like I can make a table 100% width in HTML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that you can do that as well. Just edit the HTML and change the pixel values to 100%. Although I have this nagging feeling that it doesn't work in all cases or all browsers. Can't remember which.

Certainly give it a try... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always add this code into the HEAD section of my Captivate HTM templates:

<style>body {margin:0px;}</style>

This turns off the normal dead space around any HTML page.

The other thing you need to do is find this line of code in any SCORM HTM template.  Note that I have set table padding and spacing values to 0 to remove more dead space.

document.write('<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> \n');

These changes should help to remove the scroll bars appearing, but you may need to fiddle a bit with the actual size you set to display the content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a great fan of setting the HTM template to display the SWF at 100% of screen width.  I've found that this can often mean your project content loses resolution at anything other than the exact size it was captured.  Less of an issue with soft skills or general training content, but definitely can have a visible impact with any software tutorials or captures you might be doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod,

Thanks for the additional tips.  Your body code did help cut down on some of the extra space.  I still have some spacing, but not as much.

I think it's close enough for now.  If I change the page background to white, no one will really notice.

latest-version.gif

Micky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your course is running inside an iframe on another web page then this might account for the extra space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, i think that is the case this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources