Skip navigation
Timia2
Currently Being Moderated

MPEG2 Problems CS3

May 26, 2012 4:42 AM

My Premiere CS 3 worked fine on my macbook pro 17' system 10.6.8. but after i cleared my harddisk and installed everything fresh again i can't make any more MPEG2 files. The programm stops responding and i have to force quit. Even then the programm is still visible and i have to restart my mac to get rid of it. ANYONE???????

Also i installed quicktime 7.6.6 since it was on my orginal system and the mpeg2 component is normally installed....

Please HELP!!!!

Is there no one who can help me??????????

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 26, 2012 6:09 AM   in reply to Timia2

Did you use Cleaner Tool before reinstalling?

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 8:58 AM   in reply to Timia2

It sounds as though you have lost the Adobe MainConcept MPEG CODEC's. Those should install with PrPro. Did you do a reinstall, or did you just use a drive mirror software?

It could also be that you have been bitten by the Revert to Trial Bug. If that is the case, then you will be missing most of your HD Project Presets, and also the HD Export Settings, plus others, as well. This ARTICLE goes into more detail on that Bug, and includes the Adobe Cleaner Tool. Ann's link is probably newer, and would be the one to use.

Do you have a full compliment of Project Presets, and all of the HD Export Presets, and are ONLY missing the MPEG-2?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 3:49 PM   in reply to Timia2

Great news!

Thanks for reporting your success.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This