I just noticed on my website that the flash movie image has shifted positions. I made the site myself a couple years ago with Dreamweaver. I am not a pro.
I have not consiously done any editing in a long time particularly on this the home page. That said the shift is happening both on my computer's version and on the uploaded version. I am sure it was working only a short time ago. I've been to the site within the last week and am pretty certain I'd have spotted the very obvious error. Don't know how it could have happened. At his point I'd just like to fix it.
The image should be the size of the white field. It is smaller vertically and horizontally and appears anchored to the top left corner.
The url is http://www.nevilleboats.com
I have looked at the code but couldn't spot a problem. Maybe a more trained eye could do so.
Thanks for that input. I guess the only place there is a problem is with Internet Explorer 9. That is where I'm seeing it. Of course that is still a significant problem. In IE 9 the shift is still there. Any thoughts on how to mitigate the problem?
ok I saw that there is a reported issue with flash and IE9 with these symptoms dating back about a year. I don't see a resolution to it. I notice that I am not seeing the issue with Firefox as you suggested nor am I seeing the issue on my other computer with IE 8. I don't know if others are seeing the issue viewing my page or if this is just specific to my machine. I haven't had the opportunity to go somewhere to check it out.
Thanks for the help. So it looks like whatever the issue it is only with my machine i.e. my EI9 or my version of Flash.
See the shift below. I see it when i veiw the file through Dreamweaver or when I link to it on the web. But why?
At least the good news is that apparently the website isn't corrupt.
I believe it is. I haven't done anything with this page in months and months. I suppose I could download the code and rename it and see if there is anything different. I'll try clearing the cache to see if that makes any difference.
Obviously this is not a Dreamweaver question so I thank you all for your helpful input.
Any thoughts where I should turn?
Thanks John that was it EXACTLY. It was the Zoom. I don't know how it got changed. It took some effort to figure out how you would change it at all. There used to be an Icon or such in the lower left of the screen but I did not see that so I went into the view menu and changed it back to 100%. And that was the trick.
I thought I was going bonkers. OK I was going bonkers but you stemmed it at least in this instance.
Thanks John and Murray, I hope I didn't waste too much of your time. You saved a bunch of mine.
It took some effort to figure out how you would change it at all. There used to be an Icon or such in the lower left of the screen but I did not see that so I went into the view menu and changed it back to 100%. And that was the trick.
The Zoom icon is in the bottom RHS corner of the IE browser window.
I took the icon image in my last post from your screenshot.
Europe, Middle East and Africa