Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when installing CS6 Master collection

New Here ,
May 26, 2012 May 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had installed without any problem CS6 MC on my PC but yesterday I bought a new SSD and decided to uninstall it of my HDD in order to reinstall it on the SSD. But now I can't install it anymore as the install stops at 2% every time with this error :

Exit Code: 34

Summary

- 1 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

FATAL: Payload '{0A1E2FE2-B2AD-42F4-9C74-641853FB093A} Photoshop Camera Raw 7 6.0.98.0' information not found in Media_db.

I have tried to reinstall it thousand times.

I already have found two spanish topics in this forum but the solution given doesn't work for me as it is "Uninstall the ACR 7.1 Beta." and I don't have any adobe software on my PC anymore. I tried to clean my registry and all that but I'm not very good at it and I don't want to do something wrong.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

As per your screen shot , you have all the files and folder which should be removed by the cleaner tool , strange these hasn't been removed.

Are you certain , you dont have any previous version of Adobe installed and have run the cleaner tool and "clean all" is the option you selected.

If yes , then go ahead and move these folder on desktop and install CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but this haven't changed a thing, I still have the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mmh, sounds odd. Perhaps provide the install logs?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here it is

http://www.mediafire.com/?znf91ab81cs23ur

The one dated of april is when I suceeded in installing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you haven't uninstalled the software properly , becuase the log file still says that it is not able to sync with Media_db.

Run the cleaner tool one more time , Choose "ALL" , to remove everything from the compuer related to Adobe .

Restart your Machine

Install and check.

If it still fails , share the latest install log

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2012 May 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that was what I did yesterday (I'm in GMT+2). Therefore a tried the installation another time today and it failed again.

http://www.mediafire.com/?obukjt9z8w7wss8

Whenever I tried the installation, I also noticed that Photoshop won't install so it might be related. Here is a screenshot :

http://www.zupmage.eu/up/1338111910.png

And it says that there is a previous installation of Photoshop which is either incompatible or preliminary, and that in order to install PS I have to uninstall the other version. But the thing is that I don't have any other version and that my registry don't show any sign of it. So I don't know how the installer knows if I have another installation but that might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manually delete all instances of caps.db. That's where Adobe install info is stored.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have deleted every caps.db I found but it didn't work either and it still shows me that PS is installed.

Here is the Adobe Setup Error.log file :

http://www.mediafire.com/?opmvwdmtdvnahfz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is your Photoshop Cs6 data cannot be synched by the Media_db.

You have to remove all the Adobe Software and previous version , I dont know but you have CS4, CS5 , CS5.5 installed on your machine , which is causing this issue.

Get rid for them by the Cleaner tool , here is the Link for it :- www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

and once you remove every single version of Adobe software , Install CS6 and then it will work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are basically saying what you already said and I already answered you that I used the cleaner tool (did you even read the other posts?) on all softwares and it didn't found anything on my computer. CS6 is the first version of any pro adobe software I ever installed. I don't understand why it does such a thing. I will try on another computer when I can but this is really weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange......BTW I read your post and viewed your crash log as well and I thought you ran the cleaner tool to remove CS6 only not the older version , but you dont have any.

Can you move these folder on desktop and then check:-

C:/Program files(x86) /common files/Adobe *

C:/Program files/common files/Adobe *

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lot of stuff in those as you can see :

http://www.zupmage.eu/up/1338236995.png

I could delete eveything but I rather not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per your screen shot , you have all the files and folder which should be removed by the cleaner tool , strange these hasn't been removed.

Are you certain , you dont have any previous version of Adobe installed and have run the cleaner tool and "clean all" is the option you selected.

If yes , then go ahead and move these folder on desktop and install CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well thank you, it was that !

After moving the two directories, I could install it again.

Although this is strange that the tool didn't worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines