• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installers broken?

New Here ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello; I just upgraded (in theory) to InDesign CS6. I have downloaded the installers directly, and they fail to unpack properly. Using the Akamai Net Session fails to complete. Is there an issue tonight with the server, or with the software pkg? I am a programmer with my own networking company: don't wast our mutual time with "is your internet connection working" forrays, please.

This is particularly troublesome as I am nearing a publication date.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Restarted, closed everything, downloaded again... to no avail. "The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance".

UPDATE: Just solved it... skip the busted installer and just select the "Alternate Download Method"

Message was edited by: IWS Production

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already tried that (using direct download. At this stage I have tried with three browsers. Result is the same. None of the downloads will open. Message along the lines of "installer cannot continue, a file may be missing, check with vendor".

The super duper installomatic stalls at about 50%, then errors out. No particulars of the error are provided.

Anyone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't mentioned your OS hence hard to say which file type are actually getting downloaded , is it EXE or DMG.

If I would have been at your place , I would have checked the file size first, the file size is mentioned in the Adobe account from where you intiate the download,   check the size there and the size of your files which is downloaded, if its the same then the file has got downloaded properly but if its less then download is not proper or incomplete.

Secondly , if you are on Windows , you have to download the both the 7Z and the EXE files , but if you are on Mac , you will be havig single DMG file.

Thirdly , if it doesn't give you any error message , then please describe properly , where exactly does your installation stalls , Is it at the time of Intialization or you were able to enter the serial number and do other stuff , but it stall at the time of installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If downloaded using "alternate" I do indeed manage to download two files (Windows Vista). The sizes are correct. On running the exe the error presesnts; "A problem occurred while extracting some files. Check available space  ... and write priveledges .."

I have tried running the setup exe and it fails instantly, with the message above stating cetain files were not found. The file the decompression exe stalls on is: updaterinventory.dll.

There are of course Gigs of available space. I have tried larger file downloads and they work fine. I am the admin and only user on the PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you download and install the third party unzipping utility like 7zip or winzip and then try to extract the content of 7z file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2012 May 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ha! No, I can't. 7zip reports "file is broken" for every single item in the download. Just for giggles, I did an enormous update yesterday, which went flawlessly. I used the emptied folder Adobe was using to see if there was something about the folder properties I was missing by my inspection of them and their permissions. As I stated, it went perfectly. So I am still in WTF land with this.

Thank you, by the way, for your interest in my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmmm...Strange

Ok, Can you try downloading the software from this link -http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html  , on some other computer , copy the files om pen drive and install it on this computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines