Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS6-Major Installation Problems!

May 27, 2012 7:35 AM

I installed CS6 on my new photoediting  computer only yesterday. It has become a total nightmare!!! I had CS5, luckily, on it prior and left it installed upon installing CS6.

I have tons of memory and tons of HD space. Windows 7 i7 quad core

"Preferences>Memory Usage= Available=3255MB>PScs6 Use=1953mb(60%)

Of course Tech Support is only open M-F so I got nowhere except upon my own.

1) Have new Canon 5DMK3- Adobe preq's states that minimum for this camera in ACR is 7.0-not so!!! ACR Update manager sez I have all the latest updates for ACR!!

2) After realizing that I needed ACR7.1, upon downloading 7.1 I got constant errors saying I needed an updated Adobe Application Manager!

3) Now once I got all these fixed, I now cannot save any non edit tif,jpg,psd..without "checkerboarding" in the image!!! From ANY camera!!!

CS6-1.jpg

Any image saved as a jpg,tif,psd looks like this with varied placement of chekerboarding.

4) yet if opened in CS5 looks fine!!!!

5) What happened to the Bridge icon in the tool bar from CS5?

HELP!!

Dan

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 27, 2012 8:30 AM   in reply to danpbphoto

The Application Bar that had BR and other functions is gone in CS6.  They wanted more space I guess.

What you are describing is video card problems.  Disable OpenGL (use graphics processor) and see if that helps.  If if does it is probably a video card driver.  Make sure you have the latest, unless you have an ATI card and then use 12.2 rather than 12.4.

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2012 1:58 PM   in reply to danpbphoto

CS6 uses more OpenGL features, and uses some differently.

The source of the image doesn't matter at all to Photoshop.

You're still most likely looking at a driver bug.

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2012 5:27 PM   in reply to danpbphoto

Have you gone to the Nvidia site and see if you have the latest driver for your card and OS?

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 8:38 AM   in reply to danpbphoto

I agree on the resistry thing.  Rather unusal, have not seen this one.

I would also recommend to miminize problems you do NOT uninstall prior verson of PS.  Can add to problems.

Have you reset preferences?  Start PS and IMMEDIATELY hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift keys.  You will get a reset window.  If you see splash screen you are too late.

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 9:15 AM   in reply to danpbphoto

OK, sorry to hear that, but thanks for letting us know.

Adobe says the 240 card should work, but I see your card is a GT240.  What does the GT stand for and is that why it is not compatable with CS6?

Would be useful for others to be able to tell if their card will work or not.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 12:26 PM   in reply to danpbphoto

Hi, I have the same problem with the same video card, in fact I posted a question about it here http://forums.adobe.com/message/4445450#4445450

Didn't really get me anywhere but I did what you just said "I also went into PS CS6 Settings>Performance> GPS> unchecked the "Use GP" and it is working fine!" and its working fine for me too.

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 12:27 PM   in reply to rjbphoto1

Because you are no longer calling the GPU functions that contain the bug.

Your driver still has bugs, but you've bypassed them by not using the GPU for displaying your image.

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 12:28 PM   in reply to Chris Cox

Is this a problem?

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 12:31 PM   in reply to rjbphoto1

You're missing all the features that use the GPU - so yes, that could be a problem.

And your display performance is now reduced.

You really should turn the GPU functions back on once your video card driver gets the bugs fixed.

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 5:05 AM   in reply to danpbphoto

This is weird, I turned "Use GP" on again this morning and ahev had no problem since then.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points