• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems playing videos using IE9 but not Chrome

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have IE9 installed on Windows 7 64bit with all the latest updates. For some reason I cannot play videos from some websites like vimeo.com using IE9 but they play fine using Google Chrome. I have unistalled and reinstalled Flash player with no luck.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 27, 2012 May 27, 2012

Thank you – I just figured it out. NVDIA Control panel lets you choose graphic drivers by program. As soon as I switched from automatically select to integrated graphics the problem stopped.

Thank you for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2012 May 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you – Checked both Flash player shows as installed correctly and Active X filter is off. Video crashes IE9 only on some websites

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2012 May 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you describe your problem in more details?  You wrote "cannot play videos from some websites" and "Video crashes IE9" - what exactly is happening?  And can you provide a URL where you see that happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2012 May 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as I try and play a video I get an alert that pops up and stats Internet Explorer has stopped working. Then tries to find a solution. After a few seconds it closes the website.

One of the web sites is :

http://vimeo.com/

I cannot play any video’s on this site. To make matters worse I have formatted my hard drive and installed only minimal amounts of software (Itunes & Microsoft Office 2010) and every windows update. The problem started happening right around the last few updates. I have tried to uninstall the last few but was not able to isolate this to fix the problem.

I am using a Lenovo W520 Laptop with Windows 7 Professional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try if disabling Hardware Acceleration improves the situation; see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/891337

If it does, then updating the device drivers for your display adapter could be a permanent solution; see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you – I just figured it out. NVDIA Control panel lets you choose graphic drivers by program. As soon as I switched from automatically select to integrated graphics the problem stopped.

Thank you for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines