Skip navigation
richardbarnes12
Currently Being Moderated

CS 6 install fails

May 27, 2012 12:49 AM

Tags: #install #cs6

I have tried to install CS6 numerous times on my mac running lion.  It hangs at 12% installing adobe fonts. It hangs the machine and the only way out is to power off.  Any ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 27, 2012 1:36 AM   in reply to richardbarnes12

Weed out your system fonts/ turn off your font manager. you have permission issues on the fonts and/or a "bad" font in there. Check the install logs for details.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2012 11:48 PM   in reply to richardbarnes12

can you share the install logs with us , it may have some vital info.

Check this link to collect the log:- http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5 -cs5.html

and paste the log at pastebin.com and put the link here.

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 12:11 AM   in reply to richardbarnes12

These log file are not complete unable to locate last section of the Install logs, however please try these steps :-

1) Uninstall all the Adobe Apps

2) Run the cleaner and clean all , cleaner tool can be found at :- www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

3) Install CS6 from the root user account , to enable root user follow this KB:- support.apple.com/kb/HT1528

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 1:14 AM   in reply to richardbarnes12

I understand you amy be only user and having the admin privileges , but root user account provide extensive permission becuase there is always the restriction by the OS to the user.

Hence check installing from the root user account.

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 4:39 AM   in reply to richardbarnes12

Strange....Even the log file isn't complete that's odd to.

Can you check installing in the safe mode ,to start the Mac ni safe mode , start your machine with Shift key pressed.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 10, 2012 12:21 PM   in reply to richardbarnes12

I'm having the very same problem you are. I was thinking that maybe it was my computer, but it sounds like the problem is on Adobe's side.

Have you resolved this issue? I am stuck without any Adobe software (that I really need) and I would appreciate any help!! I'm so frustrated. I must have force shut down my computer over 20 times now-- that can't be healthy.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points