Skip navigation
Blizzke
Currently Being Moderated

Cue Sheets in CS6?

May 24, 2012 11:17 PM

Please don't tell me Adobe removed the embedded cue sheet support from WAV files again in CS6?

I've been using v3 very happily, only to discover that in v5 the CD burning support was removed. Since I mainly do some operations on CDs (speeding up etc), I really need the track position support.

After a long time of looking I managed to get the cue points in v6 by adding the Cue Sheet into the WAV file using CueListTool. This way I can speed up and keep the markers for burning tracks again later.

However now that I bought v6 (was really happy about the return of CD burning!) it seems that embedded cue sheets are no longer supported?

Come on! Did I pay a lot of money to get this frustrated by a piece of software?

Does anyone out there know a way to somehow get track information from a CD as markers in audition whilst keeping the mix in one piece?

I would prefer answers besides "manually add them" please

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 23, 2012 10:34 PM   in reply to Blizzke

I'm going to quibble with you a little, then give you some encouraging news.

AA3 didn't support the full ability of a CueListTool or CDRWIN or EAC cue sheet.  To do that, you'd have the ability to have "Index 0" pre-track countdowns, which were only possible a decade ago in Cool Edit Pro 2.1.  Can you tell I miss that?  Well, if you're writing only plain ol' track markers to the wave file via CueListTool, AA CS6 should be able to pick them up.  The procedure is less than obvious, but simple enough once your ducks are in a row.

Have a look at this related discussion and let us know if this helps:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1005543?tstart=30

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 2:15 PM   in reply to Blizzke

I agree, you don't want to have to split by tracks if you can help it. 

OK, so I just gave this a test.  The right answer was the result.  So at least we know it's possible to do what you're desiring.  Now we have to figure out why your result is different.  I have no idea what Max is, so perhaps there's something specific to that by which CueListTool gets thrown off.  So here's a list of steps in annoying specific detail:

1) create a 16-bit, 44.1KHz wave file, the CD master

2) create a cue sheet (contains TRACKS only)

3) open the wave file and cue sheet in CueListTool (I'm using version 1.7)

4) write the cues to the wave file

5) open the file in Audition 5 - CS6.  You should see all the markers, and that CueListTool has automatically created ranges for them (nice!).

6) open the markers panel.  You should then be able to see that all of the markers are of the "CD Track" variety, and also see their times and ranges.  Even the last track has a range to the end of the file!

7) select all markers (they become highlighted)

8) right click to see options: select "Insert into CD layout."

9) burn CD and call it a day

Can you reproduce these steps? 

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,599 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 26, 2012 1:43 AM   in reply to Blizzke

It sounds like CueListTool didn't manage to append the cue file to the end of your wav file. It's not read-only, is it?

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2012 8:31 PM   in reply to Blizzke

OK, something's definitely weird here with the file data.  So Steve (Blizzke), is there any chance you can create this file on a different computer?  Is there any possibility that using Max (since it's on the Mac side) is doing something unconventional with the file header?  I would just encourage you to mix things up a bit to see if you can get a different result, seeing as it worked perfectly for me as outlined above.

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 1:48 PM   in reply to Blizzke

Actually, the one I made last week.  Except that it's too big to upload.  Let's see how the day goes today or tomorrow and I'll see what I can do about that.

Cancel that.  I don't see any way on this exasperating forum to upload AUDIO.  Only a picture or a link to video. Sorry.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points