Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Center the button label

May 23, 2012 10:45 AM

The headline is centered horizontally on the menu.  If I change the text, it will automatically re-align

Is there any way to do the same for the button label?  Right now I have to re-align them manually after updating the text.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 23, 2012 1:56 PM   in reply to Howard Hoffman

Howard,

I use the various Alignment and Distribution Tools in Photoshop, and have never had an issue. Those Tools allow for one to Align multiple elements (usually separate Layer in PS) to Top, Bottom, Center, etc.

Does that not work for you?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 29, 2012 8:10 AM   in reply to Howard Hoffman

Howard,

You have me on that automation.

I am not sure that it is Actionable, but you could probably write a Script to do it, if your version of PS is late enough to support Scripts.

My normal workflow is to just do the rough layout, for each Button (Button Layer Sets), and then do my Alignment & Distribution, when I am done, Selecting the appropriate Buttons and their Layer Sets in the Layers Palette. Remember, the one that you Select first, will become the "baseline," for the others, so Select in the appropriate order, or things get wonky fast - have your History Palette open, or Ctrl+Z at the ready.

I would post the question to the PS - Scripting Forum, and some Scripting guru will let you know quickly, if what you want is possible. There are some crazy-smart folk there, and they have helped me out several times.

Good luck, and please let me know how it goes.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points