Yet another publication across 8 countries yet another nightmare.
Last week i updated our viewers to version 20. They have been approved by Apple however after updating, there are issues of our magazine not apearing in the library.
Moreover when I have published a country, and try to notify, it tells me that a certificate has expired.
BIg SIgh, as a graphic guy I feel increasingly frustrated using way more time looking into technical woodoo than making nice graphics.
What to do ??
for the misisng publications, see this -- > http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-publishing-suite/kb/missing-folios-view er-application-digital.html
For the expired certificate, I'm afraid you'll have to re-create it in the iOS Dev center.. and rebuild your app with the new APNS certificates (rebuilding will upload the valid certificates to the server)
All issues was in the newsstand, prior to the upgrade so I don't see why they should disapear all of a sudden ?
And I'll see about the certificates, can't remember how to do those though.
@Martin: rebuilding is enough, it loads the new certs to our server. These are then checked for validity when you use the notify your readers
@Lars: Go to the Apple iOS dev Center > Provisioning Portal > App IDs > Configure
So I tried to update the APNS and rebuild, (The builder also said it uploaded the certificate) however I'm still not able to press the notify button (It signs in and then crashes telling me that the certificate has expired)
Btw. the country I'm trying to publish is Germany.
And still I don't see why issues should disapear when they were already there in the newsstand prior to updating.
Thanks it works now, however I must state that the expiration date was not until sometime september !! so why did it expire before ??
And also in the on-line folio producer I'm only able to see my last 3 publications/Issues.
Where are the old issues ?? or how do I acces them ?
All issues was in the newsstand, but now I'm only able to see 1, 2, 3 And 8 number 9 that I just published and "Notified" I can't see either.
Folio Producer does not display folios you've created with the old Content Bundler workflow .. yopu need to log in to the Content Bundler to manage those.
I just have with your credentials and I can see everything.
Also, I assume you are looking for your latest folio, published yesterday .. it is missing in the viewer simply because you've published it as 'Private' instead of 'Public'.
Just change the status in Folio Producer and you should be fine
Upps, my bad with the Private/Public thingiee (Or my trainee)
Stil, when going to the DE library withthe viewer i only see 01, 02, 03 and 07, 08
missing 4,5,6 and the new one 09, I have notified after changing the status to public
Folio 07 is set to 'Private' so this is the same problem ..
Folio 09 is now 'Public' but you (or your trainee) used the same folio name in Folio Producer.. Folio names have to be unique if you are not using renditions.
I'm sorry to say Folios 04, 05 and 06 are nowhere to be seen under this account, considering the number of apps you have for individual languages, I suspect they've been uploaded under the wrong Adobe ID (just a thought).
Let's take this offline as we're mainly dealing with housekeeping issues.
04, 05, 06 was there before the update so not a chance of uploading them to the wrong account,
there are missing issues across all 8 countries after updating to version 20 of the viewer.
I would'nt call folios disapearing after an update housekeeping issues.
Maybe the chores of keeping house are just way to complicated, just my 10c
But thanks anyhow
Christophe, thanks, after building new version now i can send notification.
BTW, you are not checking validity of dev certificate - my is expired (because there is no use for this dev push certificate, so no need to recreate cert) and everything worked fine.
Ok I just checked Spain.
Prior to updating all issues/Folios was available, after updating Folio 5 wen't missing.
There does not seem to be a pattern as to which folios disapear, from country to country.
About the certificates, I had to update both the production and the developer certificate. In order to get it to work again.
The pattern is that most of your publications have the same folio name..
If I look specifically at the Spanish app, folio #5 is not showing because you aleready have a folio with the same name that has been published before - see folio #3.
Make sure you use a correct naming convention
It still does'nt change the fact that it worked before the update!!
Moreover in the case of the german account, issue/Folio 4,5,6, are not there anymore, and I'm absolutely sure that noone at my end deleted the 3 issues.
So whether an update to the foliobuilder panel caused it I can't say but something works differently than before.
Thanks for taking your time.
You updated but you published new content as well and that new content had naming issues.
Anyway I see the Spanish app is definitely up and running now so that is good.
Regarding the German one, I'm looking into it...
Yes I'm going through 9 countries to rename stuff. So yes the Spanish is aparently up and running.
However, I have not updated content(Added the new issue to DK(Denmark)) yet, and I'm missing Issues/Folios there. Same thing with Italy (IT)
Europe, Middle East and Africa