Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

problem with long load times after 6.0.1 update

May 25, 2012 9:51 AM

I also have the loading problem and rebooting did not help.

Branched from an earlier discussion. Branched to a new discussion.

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 25, 2012 9:52 AM   in reply to Clearshot Video

> I also have the loading problem and rebooting did not help.

For anyone having this problem with the Premiere Pro CS6 (6.0.1) update, please give us more information:

• What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac".
    • What other software are you running?
    • Do you have any third-party codecs installed, including third-party QuickTime importer components?
    • Tell us about your computer hardware. Be especially certain to tell us about third-party I/O hardware (e.g., AJA, Matrox, Blackmagic, MOTU).
    • Does the program eventually start if you leave it for 5 minutes or more?

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 9:46 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

CS5.5 worked fine, no issues with my computer setup:

Windows 7 64bit

Quattro 3800 Graphic card

My Norton Firewall blocked a certain 'Cloud file' in the update from installing, during the update.

After the update, Premiere would stall on the loading and would not load at all.

I went to the Norton program, released the Quarantined file, and Premiere finally did load.

I reset the computer, and Premiere stalled again and would not load.

I then reinstalled the CS6 suite upgrade software and Premeire is back to loading again.

Huge hassle to say the least.

I have not allowed the update to happen on my other computer.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 9:49 AM   in reply to CAOLSEN

You should stop the release on this update now until the bug is worked out of it.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 10:35 AM   in reply to CAOLSEN

From my experience when Premiere hangs on Quicktimeimporter while loading, I open task manager and i terminate the Adobe QT32 Server.exe  process. After that Premiere loads. Since CS6 I've also seen sometimes multiple instances if this process. This causes system delays and hangs. When I terminate them everything works smoothly.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 11:27 AM   in reply to CAOLSEN

I'm having the  same problem. Takes ages to load up.

I wouldn't bother with this update to be honest.

Windows 7 64bit

Nvidia Quadro 4000

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 11:59 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

I'm not having any issues with it. Installed and is running fine for right now.

Win7 SP1

Nvidia GTX 470

No other software running

No other QT components running that I'm aware of.

No I/O hardware running right now.

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 10:14 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

I Have Win 7 (64B) with the latest Updates

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 10:25 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Update hang Solution and Auto-Protect risk: "Suspicious.Cloud.7.F" !!!!!!!

I have deinstalled the Premeiere CS6.01 und install the "Premiere CS6 Software" NOT the Suite part

after this I run the update to 6.01 and it runs without loading problem ..

But If I activate the Norton 360 again then Í have the same Problem and i get the Norton Message:

Auto-Protect risk: "Suspicious.Cloud.7.F"   !!!!!!!

Regards Matthias

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 10:28 AM   in reply to schma29

But If I activate the Norton 360 again

I would seriously recommend not doing that.  In fact, I'd recommend removing Norton entirely.  Unfortunately, Norton is so insidiously pervasive that the best (only?) way to get rid of it is to wipe you hard drive and reinstall Windows and Programs from scratch.

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 10:35 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

On Update Norton 360 does this:

Path: c:\program files\adobe\adobe premiere pro cs6\32\mc_enc_dv.dll
    Bedrohung/Problen: Suspicious.Cloud.7.F

Matthias

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 11:03 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

not really ! Impossible ! we need an other  solution

My Solution: I say to Norton "do not check this FIle" and install The Premiere With the Update new.

Than I get no Norton Messages and the Premiere CS6.01 is working with Norton !

Matthias

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 12:27 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

I disagree removing Norton. Don't remove Norton, find a solution. This guy is still living in the past. Norton is the very best AV.

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 12:30 PM   in reply to deDogs

If a piece of antivirus software is causing a problem by mistakenly blocking the Adobe software that you want to use, you have several options---and one of them is to not use that antivirus software.

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 2:06 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

I have the same problem. The programm starts after 5 minutes of waiting...

Im on Win 7 64bit

no other applications running

i have the latest version of QuickTime

Intel Core  i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz

8 GB RAM

250GB SSD with CS6 installed

I also have Norton installed and it has removed the following file (also the Suspicious.Cloud.7.F):

c:\program files\adobe\adobe premiere pro cs6\32\mc_enc_dv.dll

Oli

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 2:13 PM   in reply to CreativeOli

What's wrong with this file??? Shall I just recover it with Norton or is it really that dangerous??

Oli

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 2:14 PM   in reply to deDogs

Norton is the very best AV.

Norton has actually caused me as much or more grief than any virus I've ever gotten.  I hate that POS, and will actially recommend running nothing over installing Norton.

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 5:33 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Well, that says it all Jim. Why oh why are you getting viruses in the first palce? I manage hundreds of Norton users, and have never ran into an issue. I'm here now because I am experiencing this CS6 issue - first issue I have had with Norton. I think you are stuck in time before their new engine was release several years ago. You need to read AV comparitives. I don't know anyone who can ever even say "than any virus I've ever gotten". What are you doing anyways?

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 7:35 PM   in reply to gishnetwork

I was alerted to this topic by someone having filed an abuse report for saying the truth about Norton/Symantecware.

Norton has a very, very long history of ruining computers all over the world.  Why would anyone want to stop their computer from functioning correctly by installing Norton/Symantecware?  It is a mystery to me...

The only solution: google for "norton removal tool".

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 10:17 PM   in reply to Pat Willener

Norton has a very, very long history of ruining computers all over the world.  Why would anyone want to stop their computer from functioning correctly by installing Norton/Symantecware?  It is a mystery to me...

I am aware of Norton consumer products and Matrox being in that category. Not the Enterprise products from Norton.

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 10:19 PM   in reply to gishnetwork

Why oh why are you getting viruses in the first palce?

I normally use Firefox, which has an extension that allows it to emulate other browsers.  I made the mistake of allowing it to emulate Internet Explorer once, and a virus snuck in.  I had to wipe and reinstall.  At the time no anti-virus software was installed.

My last experience with Norton was last year.  My sister's free trial subscription ran out, and I thought Vipre was the better program.  (Still do.)  But Norton was so entrenched I had to wipe her system as well to get rid of it (after many frustrating hours).

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 10:28 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

I dunno guys. We oversee hundreds of computers and every year we research the best AV for the money. We've used Norton (plain-ole) AV for the last 3 years and it's been a dream. Zero problems, lightweight, no viruses (not that we ever had any anyways).

I guess my clients are lucky they have me... apparently, it sounds like I am very lucky person. If I am not a lucky person, then, hmmm... what would be the alternative explanation?

I myself have never had a virus no matter what AV I've used, and I've used a lot (Avira, Bitdefender, Norton, Mcafee, Nod32, Kapersky...)

All that said, we don't buy their kit products. We *just get* the plain ole AV. It's scores decently high for the money - Avira always scoring the best (marginal differences here) but is way to expensive, even in bulk.

Maybe I am just smarter or luckier than you people.

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 3:19 PM   in reply to Clearshot Video

Hi Guys,

First, each to his own.

I have Windows 7 64bit, CS6 and did the auto updates. Norton also found this alledged virus also....

Category: Resolved Security Risks

2012-05-29 6:44:41, High, mc_config_mp2v.dll (Suspicious.Cloud.7.F) detected by Auto-Protect, Quarantined, Resolved - No Action Required, c:\program files (x86)\adobe\adobe prelude cs6\mc_config_mp2v.dll

2012-05-29 6:44:22, High, mc_config_avc.dll (Suspicious.Cloud.7.F) detected by Auto-Protect, Quarantined, Resolved - No Action Required, c:\program files (x86)\adobe\adobe prelude cs6\mc_config_avc.dll

2012-05-25 20:23:05, High, mc_enc_dv.dll (Suspicious.Cloud.7.F) detected by Auto-Protect, Quarantined, Resolved - No Action Required, c:\program files\adobe\adobe premiere pro cs6\32\mc_enc_dv.dll

2012-05-09 18:00:19, High, exporteraiff.prm (Suspicious.Cloud.7.F) detected by Virus scanner, Quarantined, Resolved - No Action Required, c:\program files (x86)\adobe\adobe prelude cs6\plug-ins\common\exporteraiff.prm

After the install adobe Premiere Pro CS6 would not start. I did a reboot and all is now well, even with the .dll and .prm files removed. I wish I know exactly what those files where used for?

As for Norton, been using it for years. It has got better and better each version and is now very good and stable. I would sooner it make a mistake about a file that miss a real virus.

Ciao,

Trev Daley.

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 12:32 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

I too have this problem, I am a little confused at the threads, is this been handled by Adobe ? or is it down to us

to sort with our AV software (Norton 360-v6 by the way)

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 1:23 AM   in reply to cjacs987654

Can someone tell me where the prm files are stored? I have done a search but nothing

Also, when PP is starting up, if you end task on dymaniclinkmanager in tax manager, PP starts immediately. Again I cannot find this exe file - does anyone know where it is.

My idea is to tell av this file is safe

Also, Adobe, may we have a definative fix or workaround to this problem

Thanks

Chris Anderson

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 1:48 AM   in reply to cjacs987654

Chris,

Can someone tell me where the prm files are stored? I have done a search but nothing

There is an explicit location in #22.

Also, when PP is starting up, if you end task on dymaniclinkmanager in tax manager, PP starts immediately. Again I cannot find this exe file - does anyone know where it is.

Can you rephrase this in an understandable way please. I never new Adobe had a tax management application in CS6. Is that localized to the install language or the Windows locale settings? How does that work for ex-pats?

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 2:58 AM   in reply to Harm Millaard

Hi Harm

Thanks for your reply. Still cant find ANY prm files dispite a windows search???  - also cant find dynamiclinkmanager.exe that shows in task manager when you launch PP ????

Not sure whats going on here

All this since adobe auto updater

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 3:52 AM   in reply to cjacs987654

Use the old fashioned but highly effective find from the command line.

Start the command prompt CMD.exe, change directory to C:/Program Files and then type dir *.prm /s.

29-5-2012 12-41-39.png

Then press enter. It found 325 files on my system in this directory alone.

29-5-2012 12-42-20.png

Repeat that for other directories you may want.

For instance:

29-5-2012 12-51-02.png

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 8:26 AM   in reply to Harm Millaard

This morning, one of our engineers will submit some new information to Norton that should (nearly) immediately clear the files in our updater from being flagged for quarantine. This means that the next time that the Norton antivirus software runs, it shouldn't mis-identify these files as problematic. However, people for whom this has already occurred will need to either manually un-quarantine these files or uninstall and reinstall Premiere Pro CS6 and the update.

I've asked that engineer to respond to this thread with more information.

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 8:27 AM   in reply to Harm Millaard

Thanks Harm, got em!!

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 8:32 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Hi Todd

Thanks for the quick responce. Can you confirm which files I need to ask Norton to trust, and is this the reason it is taking PP 3 minutes to load?

Thanks

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 8:40 AM   in reply to cjacs987654

> Can you confirm which files I need to ask Norton to trust, and is this the reason it is taking PP 3 minutes to load?

Yes, Norton is a cause of extremely long load times with the update.

I'll leave it to the engineer who will be responding here soon to give details about which files.

I don't use Norton and am not familiar with the details of its interface, but I know that my antivirus software makes it easy for me to see what files it has quarantined. So, you should be able to just release the ones that Norton quarantined when you were doing the update.

You also have the option of uninstalling and reinstalling CS6 and then installing the updates again. This is tedious, but it avoids needing to fiddle with the details within the Norton software.

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 8:49 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Hi Todd,

Thanks again for the info, yes i now know how to 'un-quarantine' so will await your engineers post.

May I respectively make a suggest for the adobe team, that before they release any software updates, they test against the main AV progrrams. I am sure you will appreciate, this has caused users time and inconvienence.

I have just ran a virus update, and there were updates to process, not sure if they included yours, perhaps your engineer can advise when this will be available,

I am assuming this is the cause of the CS6 prelude problem also - cant load that at all because mc_enc_dv_.dll was quarantined. (see prelude forum)

As a matter of interest is it possible to reverse an adobe software update to its previous version? for situations such as this while they get fixed by

by your engineers?

Thanks again

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 8:53 AM   in reply to cjacs987654

> As a matter of interest is it possible to reverse an adobe software update to its previous version?

No.

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 10:36 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Hi everyone,

Heuristic protection is a feature in newer versions of Norton AntiVirus and Norton Internet Security. 

It basically quarantines files that don’t necessarily have virus, but they are suspicious to Norton. 

There are different categories for heuristics.  Suspicious.Cloud.7 or similar Cloud categories are related to files that are unknown/new and are suspicious.  Since Norton has not encountered them enough times, they consider them a risk.  I’m sure there are other reasons there as well, but my research has pointed me out to the above conclusion.  You can search for “Suspicous.Cloud.7” and research this as well. I found many false positive on the net.

I have white listed all files in PPro 6.0.1 and submitted it to Norton.   I submitted similar request for several other products like Prelude.  Once you update your Norton produts, it should no longer consider PPro 6.0.1 files as suspicious and should not quarantine them.  But files that have been quarantined, need to be un-quarantined by you manually. 

Heuristics protection has had false positive not just for Adobe Products, but also many other products produces by other software manufacturers.  You can disable Heuristics feature of Norton without disabling the other Norton virus protection that find actual and real viruses.   Though I have white listed our current apps, you may run into this issue with other applications. Below is set of instructions on how to disable Heuristics protection in NAV if you choose to do so.

Launch Norton Antivirus application and go to the main user interface.

Select “Settings”

Click on “Computer” tab

Select “Computer Scan” on the left column

You’ll see many options on the right side, one is called “Heuristic Protection”.

Turn “off” this option.  Notice that option remains green even though you turned this off.

In that same dialog, in upper right corner, there is a text that says “About These Settings [?]”

If you click that, it provides you more information about these settings.

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 10:42 AM   in reply to Nariman Sodeifi

Hi Nariman

Thanks for the update. Can you advise if Norton has updated its service, in other words, whern i did a virus update just now,

will that of included the adobe whitelist stuff.

Thanks

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 11:42 AM   in reply to cjacs987654

Norton had told me this was instantaneous and next update (after whitelisting it) should resolve it.  Just to be sure, I tested it on a system that had PPro 6.0.1.  I installed Norton Antivirus with Heuristics still on and updated it.  Norton Scanned PPro folder and it didn't find any issues and did not quarantine anything. So I think this is resolved for now.  But if you have files that have been quarantined, you need to manually un-quarantine them (or uninstall and re-install PPro).

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 3:07 PM   in reply to Nariman Sodeifi

Success!

Thank you.

For the purposes of those following this thread, this is what I did after Nariman's post above.

1. UNinstall PP CS6

2. reboot

3. update norton 360 v6 anti virus definitions (there were definitions to load but dont know what they are)

4. reboot

5. Install PP CS6 from creative cloud

6. Launched PP - all ok (as i expected anyway as this was before the adobe update

7. Launched Adobe updater - all updates to PP completed

PP launching in 10 seconds now instead of 3 minutes

I will check out prelude CS6 tomorrow

Thanks again

Chris Anderson

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2012 10:28 PM   in reply to cjacs987654

Seriously, what's next?  Should we purge our hard disks of all software we bought before CS6?  This didn't happen with CS5.5 and the same problem occurs on my Mac in the absence of Norton software. Maybe our systems aren't the problem.  I'm spending too much time debugging something that I paid for as an upgrade to what I was already using fairly successfully.  Enough!  Let's get a genuine upgrade that works better than CS5.5 in our existing systems, please.

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2012 7:29 AM   in reply to genefama

Should we purge our hard disks of all software we bought before CS6?

A new CS suite is actually a pretty good time to wipe the hard drive and reinstall from Windows on up.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)