Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems downloading eLearning Suite subscription

New Here ,
May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had a trial version of Adobe Captivate which worked fine. I decided to purchase a year subscription to the eLearning Suite (my laptop would not download the trial version of the eLearning Suite and I requested a cd but it never came).

I purchased the eLearning Suite subscription in April and I cannot download it. The Akamai tool does not work at all - keeps telling me to save the file somewhere else (I already worked with my IT department and they confirmed I had the ability to download (admin rights) and the space - it wouldnt work. I have used the alternate method 4 times and it downloads the supporting guides and pdfs but NOT the product. It also stalls and goes blank then does not respond every download (I am using Firefox).  I am currently trying to download the .7z file at its 20 minutes in and only 38% downloaded (I am in an office on a hardwired LAN).

I got a partial download of files earlier this week but everytime I tried to open them it stated it was unauthorized and not licensed and my license number was not recognizable - then it jammed my entire laptop. As a result I de-installed everything and started over.

Something definitely isn't working. I have had it for a month and havent been able to launch it. Any ideas on something I can check cause my IT folks have no idea why its not working wah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suskno it is not completely clear from your post if you have successfully downloaded the install files or not.  Were you able to complete the download process successfully?  Also where are you trying to download the software from?  Are you downloading it from http://www.adobe.com/ or https://licensing.adobe.com/?

Also which operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi –I have Microsoft Windows XP version 2002 service pack 3.

I am downloading from www.adobe.com<http://www.adobe.com> via “my purchases” (there is a download button to the right of the subscription). The Akamai thing won’t download at all so I am using the “alternate method”.  It downloads into Firefox (I can see both files), I save them to a folder(see screen shot below) – I have tried various folders as well as launching from the site, saving and launching etc etc.

cid:image007.jpg@01CD3A88.E8F6BCE0

Then I try and launch the .exe file and this happens and nothing else it just sits there (stuff seems to get extracted but it’s just the pdf files or a payload file? If I try and hit cancel it freezes everything. I am sad ☹

cid:image008.jpg@01CD3A88.E8F6BCE0

Susan J. Knolla

Director Talent Management

J.D. Irving,  Limited - Human Resources

<Removed by Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have removed your signature as this is a public forum.  I would recommend for future responses visiting the forum thread itself as opposed to replying via e-mail.  Also I am unable to see the images which you referenced.  Please click on the camera button in when responding at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4439623#4439623.

You may want to try an alternate browser if you have only tried Firefox so far.  Perhaps try Chrome or Internet Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot figure out how to save a screen shot as a folder or file so cannot attach the pics. I tried explorer and the same thign happened. I tried to launch the .exe file and it said the contact file .7z wasnt there (which it was) and so I saved them both to the same file and attempted to launch the .exe file and same thing:

"Preparing files: Please wait while the download files are being extracted" - it shows then and then never progresses - just jams and won't close etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried another browser besides Firefox?  Is your network access in a managed environment or are you a home user?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes just tried explorer - so explorer Firefox - I dont have any other browsers and don't think that is the issue.

I am in a managed office environment as noted above (office setting on a LAN). Our IT folks made sure I had ability to download, disk space on the network etc and had no idea why it wasn't working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually a newly installed browser can be a great test because many times add-ons and toolbars will be installed on multiple browsers.  Perhaps try chrome otherwise I would see if your I.T. department can initiate the download on their computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so tried Chrome and it doesnt work either.  The IT dept can also not install it - paid for my 2nd month now and can't even use the product. Can I not just be sent an installation disc?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SUSKNO I would recommend contacting our support team at this point.  They can try to assist you directly as well as can direct you to obtaining physical media if necessary.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines