Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Including files/resources using the ADT command line

Engaged ,
Feb 27, 2012 Feb 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm trying to get file support into my ADT helper tool before I release an update.  I am still having problems.

According to the Adobe docs on the subject, the following commands can be used:

-C "path/to/new/working/directory" [files and folders to include]

-e [files and folders to include] [package directory to add these to]

The following example works fine for me:

// This changes the working directory to my audio resources folder, and then packages the file 'track.mp3' into the root folder of my application package.

-C "C:\\resources\audio" "track.mp3"

Hoiwever using -e option in any way generates an error:

// This copies the file 'sfx.mp3' from the current working directory to the application package subdirectory 'lib'

-e sfx.mp3 lib

This also causes an error:

// Change the working directory to resources/audio and then copy the file called 'sfx.mp3' to the 'lib' subfolder of the application package. Error.

-C "C:\\resources\audio" -e sfx.mp3 lib

The error in both cases is:

File does not exist: sfx.mp3

Any ideas how I can use the -e option?  Does the working directory not come in to it - do i always have to use an absolute path to my file?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 04, 2012 Mar 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if it will help in your situation, but I just include files by adding the filepath at the end of my adt command line (no -e or -c). Eg (included files or bolded):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java" -jar C:\Users\t.randall\Documents\AIRSDK\AIR_3.0\lib\adt.jar -package -target ipa-ad-hoc -storetype pkcs12 -keystore ..\..\Deployment\CareerBox.p12 -storepass pass -provisioning-profile ..\..\Deployment\CareerBox.mobileprovision ..\..\CareerBox.ipa CareerBox_iPhone-app.xml CareerBox_iPhone.swf AppIconsForPublish\Icon29x.png AppIconsForPublish\Icon57x.png AppIconsForPublish\Icon@2x.png AppIconsForPublish\Icon512x.png AppIconsForPublish\Icon48x.png AppIconsForPublish\Icon72x.png Default.png Default@2x.png Default-Landscape~ipad.png Data\Cards.xml Data\CareerCards.xml

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2012 Mar 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bit easier to stick all your files in a folder and read them out of it.. At the end of the adt command line (before any native extensions -extensionDir) is where you specify files to include. I typically make one folder and include that just by typing the name of it. The only PITA is yes, all those app icon and default startup screen filenames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this page useful in working out how to package entire folders: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WS901d38e593cd1bac1e63e3d128cdca935b-8000.html

You don't have to use -e at all. In fact I think -e is just for individual files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do not use 'Resources' folder. It's will not work on iOS. You can use 'Resource' but not 'Resources'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines