• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem updating Flash Player ver 11.1.102.55

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2012 Mar 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, this is my first post with this forum.  Please bear with me here.  My system: Win2000, Firefox 10, Flash Player ver 11.1.102.55.

Problem: When I receive a 'notice to update FP, I'm greeted with the following message: "The procedure entry point SetDLLDirectoryW could not be located in dynamic link library Kernel32.dll"  I click 'OK' - and nothing more happens.

My Flash Player works fine.  It's the newest 'updates' I'm concerned about.  Maybe, I don't have a problem?  My computer system evidently won't support the newest version {11.1.102.62}

My question: how to I keep version 11.1.102.55 up to date?  Or, is this a non-issue?

Thank you  ~ james

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/965334, especially post #21.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat Willener wrote:

See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/965334, especially post #21.

Hi Pat,  Yes, sometime after I posted my query, I came across thread # 965334.  In reality, I posted needlessly.  The aforementioned thread detailed my very problem.  I did download as per instructions on post #21:

You can download the Flash Player install files

It didn't work!  Same message greeted me.  I did register my vote on the 'Bug' website.  I was vote #13.  Hopefully, the powers-that-be will address the issue for Win2000 users.

Thanks for responding  ~ james

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you also do the first part of the instructions, the install wrapper?  You have to follow the instructions exactly, and you have to copy the Flash Player installer into that wrapper folder and run it from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2012 Mar 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat Willener wrote:

Did you also do the first part of the instructions, the install wrapper?  You have to follow the instructions exactly, and you have to copy the Flash Player installer into that wrapper folder and run it from there.

Pat, I was afraid you'd tell me that.  When I first scan/read the first part, it sounded awfully convoluted and complicated.  I was 'hoping' the second part was a simpler way.  Not to be.  I went back and re-read the first part - AND posts 22 thru 25.  Those folks {posts 22-25}, apparently encountered difficulty - and appeared for the most part - unsuccessful at accomplishing the upgrade . . .

At this juncture, I don't think I'll follow in their path.  Sometimes I prefer the KIS route  ~ james 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jc55777, if you are still interested. This is a simpler approach:

I have Flash Player 11.1.102.63 installed on W2KSP4 using BlackWingCat's KnownDllsWrapper .96k EZinstall available at

http://www7.atwiki.jp/win2000/pages/17.html

I used the EZInstall method as follows:

Create a Temp folder and place the "install_flash_player_32bit.exe" and/or "install_flash_player_ax_32bit.exe" in there (It probably makes sense to make the folder a permanent location as you will be able to just place new install files in there when updates come out)

Run kdllinst from the KnownDllsWrapper package. Choose your Temp folder as the EZINstall folder in the top dialog section, choose kernal32 from the main installer window, and check EZ KD registry from the right hand side. (This will add registry entries for ExcludeKnownDlls and allow the installer to use the wrapper dlls located in the Temp install Folder)

REBOOT the machine. (This MUST be done)

Go into the Temp folder and install the update(s).

As of now it seems that only the installer has the SetDllDirectoryW dependency issue. If at some point down the line the flash executables start having Win2K dependency issues an EZInstall with the required wrapper dlls will need to be made to the flash install folder, but that is not the case at this point.

Hope this helps. Post if you run into any problems.

Message was edited by: J Fortune And of course if you have something installed that protects registry changes like spybot or webroot then you will have to allow the changes or disable before doing the EZinstall to allow the EZ KD registry patch to complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J Fortune --

Could you please check to determine if the workaround you suggested above will properly install the latest version of the Flash Player for NON-internet explorer browsers (like Firefox and (especially) Opera) on Windows 2000 pc's?

The latest version as of this writing is 11.3.300.257, and the file (named "install_flash_player.exe") can be found for download at the following URL:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/completion/?installer=Flash_Player_11_for_Other_Browsers

Unlike the latest version (also 11.3.300.257) for Internet Explorer (named "install_flash_player_ax.exe") which can be found at the following URL...

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/completion/?installer=Flash_Player_11_for_Internet_Explorer

... and which seems to install and run properly (in Win2K using the HxD hex editing procedure I shared  elsewhere), the version for Firefox and Opera will install, but when I go to the following URL to check it...

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about

... I get the following NEW weird error that I cannot resolve, and I was wondering if you're getting it also:

"The procedure entry point GetNativeSystemInfo could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."

So apparently a seemingly uneventful installation may no longer mean definitively that the version installed following simple hex editing (and possibly if using the wrapper) will actually work.  Please let me know if you're encountering this same new problem.

Sincerely,

AcroNot

P.S.:

I read somewhere that changing "GetNativeSystemInfo" to just "GetSystemInfo" may be able to fix this problem.  I was unable to locate "GetNativeSystemInfo" anywhere in the executable file using the HxD binary editor, however.  It may be in the code that gets compiled into the executable form, but determining and editing that is beyond the scope of what I can do at this point.  BlackWingCat is most probably more savvy than I in this regard and perhaps can do what is necessary to address what you said when you wrote:  "If at some point down the line the flash executables start having Win2K dependency issues an EZInstall with the required wrapper dlls will need to be made to the flash install folder...."  If this is indeed the case and if this new hurdle can be jumped successfully by BlackWingCat then please advise.  Thanks again!  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@AcroNot

yes, there is an issue with the non-ie version. I am investigating it now. Some research states adding a "ProtectedMode = 0" to the mms.cfg file to disable ProtectedMode (which may not even be available under win2k).. not sure i just tried it and it did not work, but there may be a reboot or logout/login that needs to be done to read in the mms.cfg file. I am going to try that. The info that i found so far is here:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/929081

I should have probably read through the whole thing before posting back to you but you know how that goes...

UPDATE: I have backed down to 11.2.202.235 on firefox 12 until I find some more information. The new version (11.3.300.257) install works ok on ie on win2k. It seems that there are issues outside of win2k. others are having the same problem with FF13 on current windows releases. If you would like to do the same you can run the flash uninstaller from the same wrapper directory you have been using to do the updates (or you need to do whatever editing fix you have been using as the SetDll issue is present in the uninstaller also).

I will post if I come across any updated information that fixes the 11.3.300.257 issue with FF/non-ie browsers, you do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 27, 2012 May 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will Adobe be fixing this bug? I am having the same problem on my client's very old W2K SP4 machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/tech-specs.html Windows 2000 is no longer supported.  This and other topics show how to easily fix it yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat Willener wrote:

As per http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/tech-specs.html Windows 2000 is no longer supported.  This and other topics show how to easily fix it yourself.

What about v10.3? I still have the older v10.3, but the newer v10.3 won't install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 10.3 installer also contains the same security change that disabled the 11.x version from Win 2000.  The last "official" version is 10.1.102.64.  There are 10.3 installs that work, but I'm not sure which version stopped functioning.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines