Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Music video created while beta testing Adobe CS6.

May 29, 2012 2:26 PM

When beta testing Adobe CS6 I created this video "Time" (Pink Floyd) as a way to put it through its paces. Its much safer then clients projects.

It incorporates color correction, speed triggers,

compositing in Premiere, dynamic links with After Effects, rotobrush, 3d extrusion, camera tracker, compositing in AE, Cycore effects and FX Factory effects.

See if you can find iconic images from their album covers

View at 1080 full screen for full effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv2C7rF2H_c&feature=channel&list=UL

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 29, 2012 7:11 PM   in reply to lasvideo

Nice.

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2012 12:12 PM   in reply to lasvideo

Very nice! Thanks so much for sharing. Now, and with the exception of Money, I can never get enough of Dark Side of the Moon. I think that I have it in almost every format, from the original release vinyl, a German and a Japanese pressing, a 1/2 Speed Master, CD, SACD, DVD and then several re-mastered versions, in several formats. I also have a handful of covers and tributes.

Appreciated,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2012 12:38 PM   in reply to lasvideo

lasvideo wrote:

Thanks!

The pleasure was all mine. Sounds like you had a lot of fun betatesting CS6.

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2012 12:38 PM   in reply to lasvideo

Yeah, I am a "fanboy."

My wife sits on the local Symphony Board, and as part of their plan to reach a broader audience, I pressured her to broach the subject of performing Pink Floyd. The Maestro nixed that idea, but has paired with a Cirque du Soleil-like troupe to "modernize" things a bit. Still no PF though. My second option was "the music of Mike Oldfield," but that one was shot down too.

Here, the biggest draw of most seasons has been their "Pops Series," with Doc Severinsen. However, and over the last five years, attendance for that has really tanked - I think that most people, who know anything about Doc Severinsen are now gone.

A couple of years ago, they tried a couple "evenings with the music Phillip Glass," but few wanted to sit through 3 hours of minimalist music.

I still love their classical programs, and especially Baroque, but the symphony hall is now only about half-full, where they used to sell out for most performances.

I still think that PF would be excellent. I can imagine them performing Atom Heart Mother Suite, with a Harley ridding off-stage, but what do I know?

Again, thank you.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2012 1:40 PM   in reply to lasvideo

Any tricks and tips you learned in the process of editing the video you might want to share with us mere mortals?

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2012 5:33 PM   in reply to lasvideo

I certainly understand those lyrics - they fit right into your edit. Nice!

Going way, way back, I used part of Time and Breath, as part of the soundtrack for Lemmings, which was to have been my MFA thesis production. However, we moved to Colorado, and I never got back to school. For the suicide scene, I used something else, but cannot recall what it was, this many years later. Gosh, I hate getting old.

Hope that enjoyed making that video, as much as I did watching it.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2012 9:13 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I like the old Pink Floyd stuff too, Bill. Anything with Syd Barrett is cool. Here's "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn." Enjoy!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points