• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11 Content Debugger @ 64 bit?

Oct 07, 2011 Oct 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see we only got a Flash Player Content Debugger for 32 bit.

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Any 64bit version in sight?

I know FP 11 works on 64 bit, but I found no debugger for it ::- /

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2011 Oct 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't one and there won't be one. Use the 32-bit version for debugging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 09, 2011 Oct 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Details?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2011 Oct 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about the Standalone Player of 64bit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I said "content debugger".  There's a big difference between a player and a content debugger. The content  debugger is a player + code which allows  the IDE to connect to it so you can debug stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We did not release content debugger for 64-bit players, please use the 32-bit players. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well when there is no 64bit content debugger why Flash Builder 4.5 always asks for it?

As soon as I start to debug a project using a 32bit browser on Windows 7 64bit the IDE complains about not finding a debugger version in C:\Windows\System32\Macrmed\Flash64_11_0_1.ocx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dpRob wrote:

Well when there is no 64bit content debugger why Flash Builder 4.5 always asks for it?

In that case you may get a better answer asking in the Flash Builder forum,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 13, 2011 Oct 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Charles and thanks for answering.

But as dpRob put it, there are issues with not having a 64 bit content debugger.

Do you plan to release one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seriously, what's the reason for not releasing a 64-bit debug player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I heard that non of the tools support 64bit debugging so using Flash Player 64 bit debugger doesn't do anything. We recommend using 32 bit version.

Flash Build issue (not recognizing right FP version) is separate isuse that you can address. This is suggestion from customer support:

"From the support side, we usually first ensure that they have actually installed the debug player. This is where probably 90% of the cases get resolved. We use the TechNotes linked below for this (http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb403009.html being the main one). Customers will install the wrong version for the browser they are using, or just not complete the install at all. If they are using Chrome, we will follow the steps here (http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/839/cpsid_83950.html) and in the TechNote linked below. If all of these steps fail, we will uninstall the player completely and reinstall the debug player to ensure they didn’t have a corruption somewhere. This will usually fix 99% of the issues."

hope this info help.

Hitomi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem may be that Adobe cannot imagine usage scenarios of flash applications other than running them inside a web browser.

I am developing Flex based plugins for a native Windows (x32/x64) application. That host application is using the installed flash player .ocx control to execute downloaded Flex applications as plugins. It communicates with them via ExternalInterface calls.

So now my customer decided to not support the x32 architecture anymore and I am unable to debug plugins for the host application and many of the plugins will be unusable in future versions.

That IS a scenario without any alternative to a real 64bit content debugger. You just cannot say: use the 32bit InternetExplorer instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd recommend opening a feature request bug at bugbase.adobe.com and explaining your usage scenario to us.  Once added, please let others know the bug's URL so that they can go and cast their votes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2011 Oct 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a Flash Builder bug (being tracked by the team) - when IE 9+ is being launched in 32-bit mode, FB complains that debug player is not installed if 64-bit release player is installed.

Hitting "Yes" when asked if you want to continue will allow debugging to proceed normally.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2012 Jan 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if there is a way to have the debug version installed in Windows\SysWOW64 folder for IE32 and have the standard version installed in Windows\System32 for IE64. I am sure that IE32 and IE64 share the same registry entries, but there must be a workaround to achieve this. Any ideas?

It's a nuisance for everyone that uses Flash Builder (and possibly Adobe's other Flash development software) to have no Flash Player at all in IE64. I have to keep copying and pasting addresses from one address bar to the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a 64-bit machine, 32-bit Flash Player files will be in Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash and 64-bit Flash Player files will be in Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied the files from the debugger version in the Windows\sysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\ folder, installed the standard 64bit Flash Player, then copied the debugger files back to Windows\sysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\ to overwrite the standard 32bit files (not Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash, of course). I had to rename the standard Flash11e.ocx file because file permissions would not let me overwrite it. Now I have Flash in IE64 and IE32. Flash Builder gives a warning message every time I debug, but it works:

"C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\Flash64_11_1_102.ocx

Flash Builder cannot locate the required debugger version of Adobe Flash...

Do you want to try to debug with the current version?"

I click Yes and it debugs as usual with IE32. The warning is because Flash Builder reads the registry entry for the .ocx file required for Flash to work in IE64. I consider that less of a nuisance, but if I could turn off the warning message I would be happier. Perhaps Adobe could allow the debugger version to also install the standard Flash64_xxx.ocx without triggering the warning in Flash Builder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering why I even need to debug a self install program on my computer in the first place that (since v9) has been resembling/acting more like apple/mac products than adobe. I may not be a technical wizard but my dad has been a programmer since I was a baby, I'm almost 32 (doesn't mean he really taught me that much in computers but I know how to point and click) and my dad never let an apple/mac product into our house EVER, 1. because of how they continue to fail, their product leaves the assembly line before they re-check it to make sure it's properly debugged such as what is happening now, nwo I know with the solar flares and ladi da people want to blame the weather and all sorts of current things going on in the world even online hackers for the problem but all I want to do is enjoy watching my favorite tv programs and I can't even do that.....why should I have to debug something that is your job to fix? if I fix it than pay me for fixing your mess. send me your paycheck. you keep the bills for your failure but send me your revenue. my family still doesn't like apple products to this day and we don't buy those, so please stop producing those type of products (that quality) we GREATLY appreciate it, although competition is nice, it's scarce. Thank you and we appreciate your responsibility in fixing your screw up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Animefan32: I have no idea what you're talking about. - But I would still appreciate if you're navigating to the bugbase site mentioned two posts earlier and vote for the issue there.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines