Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If file name includes "bc-" it will not display in webhelp

May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect this only happens if breadcrumbs are displayed.

It seems to be some script in the wstopics.js file that truncates the file name at the end of "bc-" ...

If anyone knows what to modify in the JS file, I'd rather do that than change the file names.. (Sounds crazy but its true.. I have a stream of files coming in, to be published into web help).

Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Hi Peter,

Please see my response in the following thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4162604#4162604

Please note that if you follow the advice in my post, you may break your breadcrumbs.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not seeing it truncate the filename but the help is showing the content of the root of the output for the bc-petersfile.htm topic rather than the topic itself. That lists the filename correctly and if clicked, the topic displays. Windows Explorer shows the full filename.

I cannot help you with editing the script and hope someone else can. Meantime I think you will know what is coming next.

Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 9. You?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry... I should have said 8.02

I tested with variations of tempbc-.html and tempbc-temp.html

Correction: the name of the javascript file with the problem is: whtopic.js

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter,

Please see my response in the following thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4162604#4162604

Please note that if you follow the advice in my post, you may break your breadcrumbs.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp