• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo won't open when sent to Photoshop CS6 through LR4's 'edit in' feature

New Here ,
May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is up to date (ACR 7.1, and Lightroom 4.1). When I choose to edit in CS6, the program will open but my chosen photo does not appear. I can't figure out what is going on! Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this makes any difference, but I'm doing all my editing on a Macbook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also: just realized that my photos can be edited in CS5, but still won't open in CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, very frustrating!  Please help with this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past, the Edit In functionality could be flaky depending on the order you installed LR and Photoshop. Might want to reinstall Lightroom after Photoshop CS6. May work.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried re-installing LR4 after CS6 and the problem persists. Honestly, I've scoured Google for answers prior to posting this but I have yet to come across a working answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on Windows... You can find the most likly reason for the problem by looking at my post from 5/10 -

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4395065

IT seems that it is as an issue with the 64bit versions of Bridge and Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@evan.sante: So in order to be able to edit in CS6 from LR4, I'd have to go from my 64-bit to a 32-bit version? Is that moving backwards at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IM not at my computer so I can't try this out but look at this thread

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4393544

But in answer to your question no you don't ever use the application the problem is in lightrooms inability to create the psd... A psd is a psd irregardless which verson of photoshop you use 64 or 32 bit.

IN looking over the solution provided in 4393544 it sounds like it will resolve the issue your having please post if it does resolve the problem... Are you gritting the UAC message??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the first solution (deleting com.adobe.Photoshop.plist file) but it did not solve the problem.

So I attempted solution 2, which was uninstall and reinstall CS6. Now I have a new problem: I can't reinstall CS6 after uninstalling it! When I try to open the DesignWebPremium_CS6_LS16.dmg file, I get the warning "The following disk images couldn't be opened" --> and the reason: "not recognized".

Great. Now I'm digging myself into a deeper hole. I downloaded CS6 from Adobe's website, so how do I reinstall it now?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay! So I was able to reinstall CS6 aaaaand it still does not work. Once again, the program opens but the photo does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF YOUR GOING TO REPLY DO SO AT MY ORIGINAL POST - http://forums.adobe.com/message/4395818#4395818

I'm on Windows so I can't be of much help... I tried the solution I posted last night (http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/edit-photoshop-command-missin g-photoshop.html) and it didn't work uninstall / reinstalling CS6 also doesn't work!! Finaly I went into the Registry and removed all referances to Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 (there are a number of them) and pointed them to Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 but that also doesnt work!!!

The only solotion sofare is what I posted earlier... adding a pointer in "Edit In" to the 32bit version of Photoshop. Dut as I stated it still dosen't alow me to open in Photoshop as a Smart Object -- I GIVE UP!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reposted my 'findings' in your original post. But yeah: given up. I've got nothing left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.  Having this problem on my MacBook Pro but, oddly enough, it works fine on my MacBook Air. I've tried every possible combination of uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.

To add a little more detail -- it works when if I choose "Edit a Copy" or  "Edit Original". If I choose "Open as Smart Object in Photoshop" the file opens but any attempt to save gives an error:

Error 2: photoshop is undefined

Line: 1

->  photoshop.notifyLightroomDocSaved ('lightroom-2.0', '39BCF4F2-8E18-44C5-94F5-758BBBF83DBA', 'Macintosh HD:Users:gregdem:Pictures:2011:2011-09-18:_MG_6004-Edit.tif');

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you got the right version of ACR for your version of CS? For CS5 you need ACR 6.7 and for CS6 you need 7.1. Editing as a smart object uses ACR not LRs built in version of ACR. Having CS set as a secondary editor, uses LRs built in ACR and not the external ACR, I think!

Bob Frost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you sure you are waiting long enough? It will not show up in CS6 instantly. I am on a Vista machine, and it takes a good 30 seconds after CS6 opens before the image appears. The rotating do-dad does not even show up for 15-20 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines