• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Problems with Mac Power PC

New Here ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all the suggestions on this forum about how to install Flash Player for a Power PC Mac running 10.5.8. I still get the notice to install Flash Player. Is there something else that could be wrong? I ran the debugger, don't have any firewalls running etc. I finally got it to download and install but where is it going?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What sites are you having problems with?  Do you see your Flash Player version listed here?

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

What version of Flash Player should I use with my Power PC based Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying everything and have finally been able to install version Flash Player 10.1.85.3 . I see that it is in my library internet plugins, which none of the others were. I have tried all your suggestions as well as other people's on the forum but this is the best I've been able to do. But I now get the message that I need to upgrade my Flash Player to view the sites. The two sites I have tried to access so far are an NPR interview and the Cornell Allaboutbirds.org site's web cams. I will not be at my old computer for a few days, so will not be able to attempt any other versions, but if you have any suggestions please pass them on. The computer I am using is an old G5 iMac with 10.5.8 operating system that is as up to date as I can get it. I would love to be able to view sites on this computer but if not do you have any ideas of other media players that I could use. I have been trying to find something and am so far unsuccessful.

Thanks,

Barbara ierulli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you receive an error when you tried to run through the Power PC FAQ?  If so, what did it say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

As you can see nothing is listed.

Picture 3.png

I then uninstalled and reinstalled 10.1.102.64. It said that the install was successful but this is what appears on my screen when I try to visit a site that needs flash.

Picture 4.png

And here is what is in my internet plug-ins. Is there somewhere else it should be, or I should move it from another file into this file? Let me know if you have anymore suggestions.

Picture 5.png

Barbara Ierulli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you verify that third party plugins are enabled in Safari's preferences dialog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,

third party plugins are enabled.

Barbara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barbara,

Could you please check if JavaScript is enabled?

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is enabled in Safari and I see that it is installed in my library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the contents of the page that is displayed when you go to Safari's Help -> Installed Plug-ins page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 27, 2012 May 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I used this link: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/895134?tstart=0

Where you said the following,

'Please try the following:

1. Follow the instructions for uninstalling Flash Player on the Mac: Uninstall Flash Player | Mac

2. Mount the flashplayer10_1r102_64_ub_mac.dmg and try installing again

3. If it still fails, right click on "Install Adobe Flash Player" and select "Show Package Contents". 

4. Navigate into the /Contents/Resources/ folder and double click the Adobe Flash Player.pkg file.

Thanks,

Chris'

It didn't help though.

I tried step 4 and the installer says, "You cannot install. There is nothing to install."

So now, what am I to do??

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already done that to no avail, but I just read something about newer versions of Safari not allowing Flash Players without sufficient security not to work. So I'm thinking this is the problem, so I am going to try loading my older version of Safari and will try again.

Let me know if you have heard anything about this.

Thanks,

Barbara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barbara,

That's true, but I don't believe your version of Safari will have this security feature.  Did you find Flash listed in Safari's Help->Installed Plugins page?

mac user,

Did you get that error when double clicking the pkg file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am only at that computer a few days a week. I will check tomorrow and see.

Barbara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tried the pkg. route to install and the computer says the program

installed. Can't figure it out but I think I need to reinstall my

program. I will try it with Fire fox or another internet program and

see if it works.

Barbara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting development. when I tried to open the installed plug-ins

safari will not load them. It just stops a little way into loading the

page. On my other computers it works fine. Any suggestions?

Barbara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines